Junior Software Engineer – Mobile (iOS / Android)
Location: Manchester – WFH with occasional travel to Manchester
Permanent - 35 hours per week
Why We Need You
As a Junior Mobile Software Engineer at the Co-operative Bank, you will be working within our Digital scrum teams with a responsibility for innovation and building our mobile apps, on-line banking services and our websites.
You will be building industry leading mobile apps that provides our customers with the services they need from the palm of their hand. With a consistent customer focus, you will help evolve our mobile apps to meet customer’s needs and adapt to industry changes.
We are on an exciting journey to become the best ethical, digital bank in the UK and you could be part of the team that makes that happen!
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a Junior Mobile Software Engineer that can help drive our technology choices and direction. We want an enthusiastic Agile advocate with a passion for learning. This is a great opportunity to join a high-performing team with the opportunity to learn and developer within a Financial Services organisation.
- Migration of existing mobile applications from legacy platforms over to iOS/Android native
- Delivering high quality solutions, focused on helping clients achieve their goals
- Collaborating on design and UX to deliver usable, accessible and visually impactful results
- Participating in briefing sessions, contributing to writing technical specifications and estimates
- Supporting existing clients with front-end fixes, upgrades and improvements
- Contributing to the ongoing improvements and refinements of our working practices including new technologies and delivery methodologies
- Contribute to sprint demos, retrospectives and planning meetings. Communicate your technical approach at an appropriate level, for mixed audiences
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience with mobile application development working with digital solutions for mobile and tablet Experience with either iOS or Android development
- Experience with Kotlin or Swift
- Knowledge about industry best practice libraries (Dagger2, RxSwift, RxJava, RxAndroid, Retrofit, Butterknife)
- Good understand of security standards and best practice
- Experienced in software development life cycle releases
- Skills in managing multiple projects at once and adapting to changing priorities
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Agile working including opportunity to work from home
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.