Junior Software Engineer – Front end Manchester City Centre
This role comes with an opportunity to enter into our Junior Developer 18 month Apprenticeship Programme with Code Nation.
So if you have an interest/passion to get into Software Engineering - please consider applying even if you do not meet all the criteria as this role comes with the oppotunity to complete the apprenticship programme.
Why we need you: As a Junior Software Engineer you will be working within our Digital scrum teams with a responsibility for innovation and building our mobile apps, on-line banking services and our websites.
You will be building industry leading server-side applications that provides our customers with the services they need when they need it. With a consistent customer focus, you will help evolve our server-side applications to meet customer’s needs and adapt to industry changes.
We are on an exciting journey to become the best ethical, digital bank in the UK and you could be part of the team that makes that happen!
We will offer support and guidance throughout your career with us. You will also have the opportunity to develop skills in a wide range of technology including key progression in Salesforce.
- Delivering high quality, customer focused solutions
- Collaborating on design and UX to deliver usable, accessible and visually impactful results
- Participating in briefing sessions, contributing to writing technical specifications and estimates
- Supporting existing server-side applications with fixes, upgrades and improvements
- Contributing to the ongoing improvements and refinements of our working practices including new technologies and delivery methodologies
- Contribute to sprint demos, retrospectives and planning meetings. Communicate your technical approach at an appropriate level, for mixed audiences
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
* Experience of HTML and CSS (inc experience with SASS/LESS)
* Solid understanding of web application development processes
* Understanding of working in an Agile/DevOps software development environment
* The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real world delivery
* Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
* Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
* An understanding of, and a willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines
* An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
* A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team
* Ability and confidence to effectively challenge peers, internal customers and requirements where necessary
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Agile working including opportunity to work from home
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.