IT Engineering – Mainframe CoE Lead (CoE - Centre of Excellence)
Salary: Up to £75,000
Full time: 35 hours
Manchester City Centre - Open for remote working /Manchester / Leek / Skelmersdale office bases
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
We are excited to announce a brand new opportunity for an IT Engineering Mainframe CoE Lead. This role is responsible for leading the input of a team of specialist IT technical staff to support service, collaborate with other teams on delivery of the Investment portfolio and manage the operating cost of an element of the Bank’s IT capability.
What will this role involve?
- Define and maintain a detailed operating model for the CoE that supports the wider Bank operations and actively contribute to the evolution of the strategic IT operating model
- Provide leadership to the team of IT Engineering technicians that form the Mainframe CoE, maintain the position of the CoE as a trusted collaborator in both service quality and project delivery
- Build a strategic vision for how the CoE can maximise its contribution to the targets set
- Provide leadership in incident recovery and resolution as part of an extended IT Senior leadership team, operating on a Bankwide service management remit
- Ensure the CoE contributes necessary technical expertise to resolution of service impacting incidents, within the SLAs established for relevant Bank services. Ensure predictive analysis and proactive actions are undertaken to prevent service impacting issues
- Ensure clear root cause is established for incidents impacting the deliverables of the CoE and that these issues are addressed.
- Establish strategic supplier relationships that enable the CoE to meet its accountabilities
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation across the technologies to deliver service improvements and cost reduction, understanding the factors that impact the cost profile of the CoE for both run and change activity
- Achieve the accountabilities through establishing collaborative relationships with all other Bank functions necessary for input and good Governance
- Provide Line Management to direct reports and establish line management within the CoE that is in line with Bank HR guidelines and industry best practice
We skills do you need:
- Demonstration of a multi-year experience in leading and motivating mid-large scale cross discipline technical teams, whether in a Development, Service or Project delivery context
- Strong experience and understanding of the key IBM mainframe technologies, as well as the operation of commercial, three tiered application architectures is required
- Proven experience of successfully delivering high quality technology solutions and services in high pressure, structured environments
- Ability to liaise with senior level external supplier and internal stakeholder representatives in a rational and measured manner to communicate or manage issues, risks and solutions
- The aptitude to adapt and evolve methodologies and procedures in a controlled manner to continually improve the delivery and support channels
- Financial Services experience is desirable or directly relatable experience in IT Delivery from another industry, e.g. experience in batch and transactional processing, including Payment processing
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Demonstrate a high level of personal responsibility in the delivery of support to our customers
What can you expect from us?
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help at Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.