Intermediary Business Development Manager
Salary up to 50k + bonus scheme + car allowance
Monday – Friday
About the role
As an Intermediary Business Development Manager you will be responsible for managing our Mortgage Broker relationships within the Kent/Maidstone territory. We are looking for a driven, self-motivated BDM who can foster key business relationships with our panel of Intermediaries. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of The Co-operative Bank’s future profitability and growth. You will have the autonomy and guidance to make the role your own, driving business plans and ensuring key business commercial, customer satisfaction and quality measures are met. This role will be home based with travel to Intermediary sites therefore we are looking for someone within commutable distance of the Kent region.
Why work for us?
* A chance to learn from a highly successful team
* Clear routes to progression with investment in your training and development
* Home working and flexible working opportunities
* 27 days holiday at start, increasing to 30 days plus 8 bank holidays
* Variety of colleague benefits including discount scheme, competitive pension up to 10% employer contribution / life assurance, volunteering day, recognition scheme
* ‘Hot skills’ bonus scheme specific to the business development role
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
* Has an excellent knowledge of the main intermediary customers both appointed representative and directly authorised firms within the Kent territory
* Demonstrates excellent relationships at director level and/or senior adviser level for the key intermediary customers both appointed representative and directly authorised.
* Provides factual information in a clear and concise manner in a style appropriate to the audience.
* Demonstrates a willingness to develop their skills with regards to relationship management and driving improvements in service requirements.
* Demonstrates the ability to create and implement robust business plans to deliver required commercial, customer and quality outcomes
* A team player that shares best practice with colleagues helping drive overall performance
* Demonstrates an excellent Knowledge of intermediary products and pricing.
* Provides accurate information leading to improved quality of intermediary mortgage submissions from assigned customers
* Ensures the achievement of personal services standards
* Ensure that all agreed processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
* Demonstrates an excellent understanding of regulation and the requirements of both the intermediary and the bank
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy prior to the closing date once sufficient applications have been reached.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.