Head of Product Development
35hrs per week
The Co-operative Bank has been rooted in distinctive co-operative values and ethics, underpinning how we run our business and providing customers with a real ethical banking alternative. With a desire to challenge the status quo, and with community in our DNA, we remain committed to our co-operative heritage and values in all that we do. Our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, resulting in the bank being rated as the UK’s best Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) rated high street bank by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics.
There has never been a more pressing time for our bank to focus our efforts on causes that matter to our customers and colleagues. So why not join the UK’s original ethical bank in our values and ethics as we continue our ambitions to lead the industry on environmental and social issues in 2023 and beyond.
As our Head of Product Development, you are responsible for leading product development and the new proposition strategy for the entire bank product set. This will include current accounts, mortgages, savings, loans, cards, overdrafts and partnerships. Whilst as a Senior Leader within the Products teams you will support your team to grow and develop individually and operate as a high performing product team.
- Lead the creation of the product development and new proposition roadmap and strategy for the Bank’s products and translate.
- Lead on or sponsor key initiatives to make improvements to customer journeys and delivery of improved customer experience for Retail and SME products.
- Support the use of market intelligence, research and customer segmentation to define customer outcomes and use this to lead enhancements to our products range.
- Explore and take opportunities to expand the product set, identifying product range gaps and delivering new propositions to better meet customer needs.
- Champion a customer first culture which inspires and motivates all Product colleagues to deliver success.
- Lead strategic review of market conditions and competitor landscape to ensure the banks proposition and product plans remain competitive and sufficient to drive customer and commercial growth
- Lead, create and embed a high performance culture though role modelling strong leadership behaviours and encouraging a culture of continuous personal growth and innovative strategic thinking.
- Work collaboratively with the Heads of Product and be an active part of a multi-skilled Product leadership team
- Lead and sponsor cross-functional working groups to define and deliver improvements to the Retail and SME product set.
- Monitor progress and provide reporting to executive leadership team on all change initiatives impacting the Retail and SME proposition.
- Identify opportunities to drive financial performance and lead plans and activity in place to realise these benefits.
- Identify and manage all regulatory, operational and conduct risks arising from the SME product set in accordance with the Bank’s risk appetite.
- Ensure that all changes to Retail and SME products follow the necessary governance and all key risks are clearly articulated and sufficiently mitigated.
- Lead the management of key issues and regulatory changes ensuring new propositions identify and consider all related product risk.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- In depth knowledge of the UK Financial Services marketplace, including UK banking regulation
- Experience of managing the design and/or delivery of banking products
- Excellent communications / influencing skills, including proven experience of stakeholder management to an executive management level.
- In depth knowledge of banking products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Proven track record in core product development skills (Customer needs identification, Product design, market and competitor landscape analysis, risk management and risk based decision making, leading cross-functional project teams, development and implementation of new proposition strategies and implementation plans)
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.