Senior Manager Financial Crime Systems Analytics (FCSA)
Monday – Friday
Remote OR Hybrid working in Manchester City Centre
2022 is an exciting time to join the Co-operative Bank and head up our Financial Crime System Analytics. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to act as a key member of the senior leadership team, to be accountable for partnering with stakeholders to develop the Banks Financial Crime Systems and Analytics strategy. You will also be responsible for the maintenance and run of both the Banks systems and Analytics capability to ensure there is a robust defence against financial crime.
The purpose of this role will be to lead the development, implementation and maintenance of strategies and systems for the management of Financial Crime. You will play a vital role in supporting the effective management of Financial Crime prevention through the use of data analytics.
* Set the strategy for financial crime data to ensure that the true data is captured to build predictive models that help detect financial crime
* Develop strategies, policies, models and systems to continuously improve how effectively potential financial crime is identified and mitigated in order to minimise risk exposure and associated losses.
* Lead the development of a financial crime technology roadmap to ensure emerging FC threats are mitigated
* Work with stakeholders across Co-operative Bank business units and within Financial Crime Risk Management to deliver a portfolio of projects and business change to reduce financial crime losses whilst minimising impact on genuine customers
* Lead the continual review of emerging technologies relevant to the mitigation of financial crime risk in order to ensure the Bank remains abreast of industry changes and hence doesn’t become targeted
As one of the smaller powerful banks, this is an excellent opportunity for direct exposure to our key stakeholders, focused career development and a chance to be part of our growth journey in 2022.
What skills will you need?
* In depth technical financial crime prevention systems and analytics knowledge and experience
* Clear and detailed understanding of applicable Operational Risks to activities in area.
* Thorough understanding of relevant Financial Crime (AML & Fraud) Control Standards and Procedural Guidance documents.
* Clear understanding of the Risk Management Framework and its application within an operational area.
* Excellent understanding of industry best practice and the Financial Crime regulatory framework
* Broad knowledge of the financial services market and prevailing legislative/regulatory environment
* Deep understanding of Financial Crime systems and rule sets
* Able to think strategically and communicate a strategy/vision effectively.
* Superior relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills demonstrated by interactions with key stakeholders
* Substantial understanding of the wider aspects/implications of problems and issues.
* Track record of adding substantial value in terms of financial crime prevention
Why work for us?
* Be a key part of our journey to become the UK’s best digital bank
* Direct exposure to our key senior stakeholders
* Car allowance
* Private medical package
* Colleague bonus scheme
* Up to 10% employer contributory pension
* Flexibility, including work from home
* Contemporary offices based in the heart of Manchester
* 27 days holiday, excluding Bank holidays, increasing to 30 days
* Colleague benefits including discount scheme, life assurance, paid volunteering days, recognition scheme
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity
We are only able to consider candidates with the right to work in the UK.
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application. If you require this document in a different format please contact our careers team.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.