Head of Delivery
Manchester/ Home based
6 month secondment
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
The Co-operative Bank are celebrating 150 years of ethical banking, we're proud to be different. And we're even prouder that it's our people with purpose, who make us different. We help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work life balance, wellbeing and career development.
As a Head of Delivery, you’ll have overall accountability for the driving the end to end transformation across our IT Portfolio. We’re looking for the successful colleague to provide leadership across a range of IT/Technical projects and have experience in driving complex programmes at a large scale.
* Deliver multiple IT projects to drive transformation across the Bank to time, cost and quality
* Lead multiple project teams and workstreams providing direction, structure and governance
* Develop a high performing team of experienced delivery, change and transition resources including shaping the size of the team and the necessary capabilities to deliver the required change programmes
* Develop and manage business cases for projects, ensuring efficient delivery with robust financial management & governance
* Support the wider technology & change teams in developing core change skills and competencies necessary to deliver the Transformation Portfolio
* Ensuring senior stakeholders at Exec and Board level are informed and up to date on progress of delivery including key risks and issues
* Manage and engage third parties, to maximise commercial advantage and manage delivery and operational risk
* Lead programme and project assurance reviews and recovery actions across portfolios to improve and recover projects and programmes
* Line management of delivery leadership, Service Readiness, Business & Systems analyst and PMO
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Expert knowledge/accreditation in agile/waterfall/hybrid methodologies
* Experience of delivering complex IT Programmes (desirable)
* Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
* Evidences ability to command respect and to create a sense of vision and purpose amongst project team
* Experienced at presenting at Exec and ideally Board level, to influence a successful outcome
* Excellent knowledge of the technology and financial services industry, including regulatory and industry legislative issues
* Ideally 10 years of relevant programme/project management experience with budgets in excess of £10M
* Experience of both waterfall methodologies and agile methodologies
* Strong skills in development and approval of commercial business cases
* Experienced at pre-empting delivery issues and recovering poor delivery projects
* Experienced in negotiating with multiple external suppliers/system integrators, with a track record of successful outcomes
* Banking/financial services experience desirable
* Good knowledge of project management frameworks and governance approaches
* Proven understanding Risk and Issue Management.
* Good financial/cost management capability, including managing budgets, challenging costs & interpreting data.
What You Can Expect From Us:
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
* Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
* Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.