Skelmersdale – Delf House (Hybrid)
Hiring manager – Nic.Ward@co-operativebank.co.uk
A career that makes a difference
Who we are
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
What we’re about
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
The role is to investigate fraud related activities, to facilitate the provision of effective recovery of fraud losses, services to customers and root cause analysis in line with all fraud procedures and standards. Take ownership and responsibility in decision making whilst adhering to internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- To undertake detailed investigations of fraud related activities.
- Validate investigations utilising a range of sources from both internal and external sources as required.
- Make suitable recommendations and meaningful rationale.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of investigation, whilst ensuring high quality of evidence to support the investigation, the outcome and identifying emerging trends.
- Achieve and continuously improve key performance measures.
- Adherence to internal policies and procedural guidance.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness proactively look at ways to improve own and team’s performance.
- Achieve requisite quality standards.
- Contact customers by letter, phone, email or other relevant channels to obtain or clarify information to support processing, investigations and other activities, to provide explanations and to ensure their needs are fully understood and appreciated and have been taken into account.
- Respond to customer enquiries to provide information, guidance and clarification, using the most appropriate channel (letter, phone, email, etc.) and ensuring the query is dealt with effectively in a timely manner and escalating further if necessary.
- Take action to secure accounts, investigate and identify any control gaps or weaknesses.
- Support the work of team colleagues, providing appropriate help, guidance and advice and mentoring less experienced staff to assist in their development, thereby enabling the team to improve its capability, to operate efficiently and to maximising its performance.
- Ensure at all times that advice and services provided are consistent with all relevant procedures, regulations, standards, behaviours and performance targets as well as maximising the level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop skills and knowledge, including product knowledge and skills with relevant software tools and systems, and keep up to date with relevant developments to develop own capabilities and improve the services provided.
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge:
* Ability to work within a challenging environment whilst maintaining a high quality standard of work
* Sound knowledge of banking regulation and legislation
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Highly developed telephony skills and ability to deal with difficult conversations.
* Good problem solving skills and analytical mind
* Strong Investigative skills
* A team player with ability to work alone and or as part of a team
What you can expect from us:
- 27 days’ holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.