Financial Support Advocate
Location – Manchester
Full time - 35 hours - normal working hours are Mon – Fri between 10:00 and 20:00 but currently operating between 10:00 and 18:00 and 2 in 4 Saturdays 9:00 – 17:00 during Covid (this is subject to change)
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 149 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do and wholly embrace advocates who truly connect and endorse our brand. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
We are currently looking to recruit Financial Support Advocates to deliver exceptional service to customers who are in financial difficulty. You will respond to queries and gain an understanding of their situation, to identify opportunities where we can support, whilst maintaining a detailed understanding of all forbearance treatments.
- Deliver exceptional customer service through every customer interaction utilising specialist knowledge, skills and experience to deliver industry leading customer outcomes.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of our suite of forbearance treatments to confidently understand the needs of our customers, providing guidance or solutions.
- Identify customers in vulnerable situations and work with them to reach a mutually acceptable solution utilising appropriate guidance provided.
- Identify customer needs and respond to them appropriately ensuring all relevant facts and information are gathered to ensure the outcome is most appropriate for the customer or that the area responsible for proceeding with the outcome have all relevant information to maintain an excellent customer experience. This will include (but not limited to) the bank’s alternative servicing channels e.g. Digital to ensure our customer are fully aware of the different ways they can bank, in a channel and at a time of their choice.
- Ensure that all interactions with customers are recorded and updated on the relevant system, adhering to all relevant processes and procedures, to enable accurate data and performance management and to make sure our customer information is protected at all times.
- Support the team by providing help, guidance and feedback to others, sharing best practice and seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role. Support and promote compliance with those requirements within the role and the business. Maintain full competence within the role as outlined in the Training & Competence scheme.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- A resilient and unwavering customer focus.
- Knowledge to handle response to standard enquiries and requests for services and solutions. May require appropriate internal accreditation.
- Previous experience of a customer facing role in a relevant environment.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills; able to establish an understanding of customer needs quickly, able to communicate standard information clearly, concisely and accurately, typically verbally but also written.
What you can expect from us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.