Financial Crime Prevention Manager
£58,000-72,000 + car allowance
Band B **35 hours per week, full time
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
The Co-operative Bank are celebrating 150 years of ethical banking, we're proud to be different. And we're even prouder that it's our people with purpose, who make us different. We help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work life balance, wellbeing and career development.
The role: As the Financial Crime Prevention Manager, you’ll shape, define and lead specialist Financial Crime support across 1LOD to ensure compliance with the Bank’s Financial Crime (AML & Fraud) risk policies, control standards and procedural documentation (and more broadly across the Risk Management Framework). You’ll also use your expert advice and guidance to enable Financial Crime responsibilities, across both Retail and SME banking environments, are fully understood with sufficient evidence in place to ensure that the Executive Directors are able to discharge their SMR and risk owner accountabilities. Assisting with informing and evolving fraud defences to detect and prevent fraud and ensuring products and service developed are compliant with requirements in respect of financial crime prevention.
* Provide Financial Crime expertise and consultancy support across all areas of accountability. Carry out analyses and investigations (independently or through technical/specialist leadership) of complex problems, issues and opportunities. Present your own ideas and views, raise issues and challenge where appropriate.
* Review and assess compliance of existing Financial Crime processes and procedures with the Bank wide control standards. Where gaps or deficiencies are identified, ensure that an appropriate remediation plan is in place and tracked through to a conclusion.
* Review, develop and analyse Financial Crime Risk MI in order to identify emerging Financial Crime risks and issues or deficient controls.
* Provision of trusted, fit for purpose advice and support to business areas to ensure the customer receives fair outcomes and avoids Financial Crime breaches.
* Responsible for the development of Financial Crime training, awareness strategies and action plans where gaps or capability issues are identified. Ensuring corrective actions are delivered on a timely basis and in line with regulations.
* Responsible for the overall delivery of the Financial Crime Education Plan for colleagues and customers.
* Ensure that the Risk Owner has sufficient evidence to demonstrate that they are discharging their accountabilities under the Risk Management Framework through the provision of an appropriate level of reporting and governance, risk events, issues and action management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Detailed understanding of operational processes across Retail & SME banking
* Expert Financial Crime knowledge
* High level of understanding of the Risk Management Framework
* Hold a relevant professional qualification in Financial Crime and/or Risk Management
* Strategic thinking – identifying strategic risks and helping define objectives and plans demonstrating a clear understanding of the bank’s strategy.
* Excellent stakeholder management and negotiation skills.
* Ability to interact and influence with stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Comprehensive understanding of company strategy and objectives and has the ability to directly align role to the business strategy
What You Can Expect From Us:
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
2 paid days for volunteering per year
‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.