Executive Business Support
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Permanent - 35 hours p/week
Manchester Balloon St/Home working
Purpose of the role:
Support the Executive team with delivery against the Bank’s scorecard on key metrics and regulatory standards.
Support with the planning process where required, completing Functional Updates / Business Review documents on behalf of the Executive.
Aid the transformation of the current business to make it more efficient and capable of delivering against the future strategic aims, supporting the coordination of departmental projects and initiatives where required.
Additional responsibilities will include but is not exclusive to: diary management, inbox oversight, travel booking and general business management / queries.
In addition, provide support to the wider leadership team and department where necessary.
- Support delivery against the Bank’s scorecard on key metrics and regulatory standards.
- Main point of contact for Executive/Senior Leader requests and generic area activity.
- To manage complex and demanding diaries, anticipate and coordinate travel arrangements, facilitating the most effective use of the business leader’s time and reconciling conflicting demands.
- Sponsor / lead / contribute as appropriate to internal and external projects and initiatives.
- Support Functional resources and activities in line with budget requirements.
- Cost oversight and challenge alongside the leadership team, supporting central cost activity.
- Encouragement to move to more efficient ways of working (minimal printing, less travel), utilising technology to support.
- Support the delivery of cost plans where required,
What would we like you to have?
- Knowledge of the UK retail finance and banking sector, competitor awareness and industry developments.
- Knowledge of relevant processes, procedure and policy.
- Understanding of customer service, customer needs and challenges.
- Proven ability and high performance when dealing with BAU and non-BAU activity.
- Ability to understand complex requests and requirements.
- Analytical thinking, with the ability to understand key issues and support change
- Excellent negotiating, networking communication and influencing skills to manage relationships and navigate challenges.
- Monitor best practice across all industries to support the Bank’s growth Experience in supporting business leaders and managing multiple priorities.
- A good understanding of the support requirements of business leaders in a financial organisation.
- A track record of understanding the business requirements of business leaders to enable the delivery of effective support.
- Successful track record in providing timely and efficient support to business leaders and being productive in doing so.
- Expert level use of electronic communications, document management systems, expense systems, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- High level of tact and integrity and ability to negotiate confidently and professionally at all levels.
- Understands sensitivity of high profile relationships.
* Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to influence and network as required.
We are only able to consider candidates with the right to work in the UK.
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.