Full time: 35 hours
Remote working / option to work from Skelmersdale / Manchester base office
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
Thinking of a move to an ethical organisation? Why not join the UK’s original ethical Bank!
We are excited to announce a brand new opportunity for an Environment Manager. This role is responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating delivery of appropriate Non-Production Environments across multiple Programmes / Projects.
You will support the team in the delivery of commitments whilst embedding and supporting the development of the team and its processes. You will have the opportunity to get involved in everything from managing test environments to setting policies, processes and procedures! What’s not to love?
You do not need to have Banking experience to be successful in this role.
What will this role involve?
* Manage the future pipeline of demand for Environments and Data.
* Manage Environment demand against existing test infrastructure and facilitate the resolution and escalation of environment contention.
* Ensure that each Environment or Data request is suitably reviewed, challenged and validated before build requests are submitted.
* Co-ordinate the delivery, maintenance and decommissioning of non-Production Environments and data, ensuring there is appropriate approvals in place whilst delivering to time and quality criteria.
* Co-ordinate the delivery, maintenance and decommissioning of integration requirements.
* Manage the triage and resolution of Environmental defects to ensure stability and availability.
* Improve cost management through continuous improvement of, environment availability, defect management, data refresh/removal and environment decommissioning.
* Adhere to defined processes, controls and service access methods, whilst identifying and implementing improvements as appropriate.
* Support Senior Environment Managers in producing reporting at all levels.
* Ensure the effective alignment of the non-production environments to the production environments.
* Support the resolution of Audit actions as required.
* Ensure access policies to all non-Production environment are managed and tracked.
What skills do you need?
* Understanding of project management, processes/procedures and test strategies
* Working knowledge of IT topologies.
* Incident Management / Ability to diagnose IT infrastructure issues
* Strong planning, problem solving and organisational skills and drive for continuous improvement.
* Ability to think creatively in identifying possible solutions to a wide range of IT, business and supplier related challenges.
* Presentation skills using Excel & PowerPoint
* Base experience of managing complex technical infrastructure.
* Good stakeholder management and ability to build effective business relationships.
* Good communication skills; able to present effectively at team meetings, input positively to project /programme progress meetings and deal with management at all levels.
* Methodical and rigorous approach to reporting.
What can you expect from us?
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
2 paid days for volunteering per year
‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.