Digital Project Manager
Full time: 35 hours
Remote working / Manchester office base
Manchester City Centre
We are excited to announce a brand new opportunity for a Digital Project Manager. This role is responsible for overseeing and driving the definition, planning, direction and delivery of medium to large scale projects or work streams in accordance with both stakeholder and overall requirements to agreed time, cost and quality. If you have experience with Agile Project Delivery and system integration with Digital products (mobile, online banking) then we would love to hear from you!
What will this role involve?
* Identify project deliverables and critical success factors for effective planning and management of projects.
* Work closely with Project Sponsors, Head of Delivery and Senior Delivery Lead to fully identify and articulate change requirements and desired business benefits.
* Ensure maximum efficiency and value for money through robust cost challenge and cost management (budgets, estimates, forecasting, and resource utilisation).
* Review and challenge project & 3rd party cost models to ensure budgets are fit for purpose for successful delivery, and manage relationships with technology and other 3rd party suppliers.
* Ensure business readiness for implementation/handover to maximise the business’ subsequent realisation of all targeted business benefits.
* Development and maintenance of project plans, ensuring alignment with Digital Release schedules and that specific deadlines and milestones are communicated to all parties involved.
* RAIDDA management to ensure projects are delivered to agreed time, cost and quality
* Manage projects in accordance with relevant methodologies, governance and control
* Build, develop and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, playing a leading role in the swift and effective resolution of issues.
Knowledge Skills / Experience Required:
* Experience in Project management with experience of both Agile / Waterfall methodologies
* Managing budgets between £1-2m (Multiple work streams or 1 medium / large project)
* Experience of end-to-end SDLC technical implementation / system delivery
* Experience of managing 3rd party suppliers
* Strong ability to lead virtual teams
* Experience working in large, complex, dynamic environment, ideally regulated.
* Good knowledge of project management frameworks and governance approaches
* Proven understanding of Risk and Issue Management
* Financial / Cost management capability (Budgets, challenging costs & interpreting data)
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (senior stakeholders and third parties)
* Strong customer focus and ability to promote focus and culture across the wider team
- Banking / Financial Services experience
- Experience in Mortgage based delivery
- Experience of cloud hosting data delivery and micro services implementation
- Understanding of Financial Services industry, regulatory and industry legislative issues
- Prince 2 / Agile qualification
What can you expect from us?
Flexible and remote working
27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
2 paid days for volunteering per year
‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.