35 hours, full time
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
We would love to hear from you if you are a strong Solution Architect with an interest in developing your skillset to include SalesForce
Role Details: Specifically focusing on Digital transformation and direction, as a Digital Architect, you will focus primarily on the Salesforce CRM and Communities aspects of the Banks digital strategy and execution. You will have the ability to operate in both agile and waterfall methodologies defining the change needed (in the form of design decisions, project designs, roadmaps and/or technology selection) to meet stated business outcomes and align to the banks IT strategy. Additionally you will offer forward thinking within the digital space road-mapping the direction of architecture strategies for the Bank.
- Be a thought leader in digital technologies, develop and own the architecture of the domain and projects you work on
- Support engineers to design services for our customers and colleagues and deliver our Technology strategy
- Make key architectural decisions impacting individual designs, the wider portfolio or the longer term strategy
- Translate business requirements and strategy into designs and roadmaps which align to the bank’s standard and principles
- Be an active member of the banks architecture community participating in design review and governance processes
- Co-ordinate and direct all IT design activity to ensure the solution is coherent and deliverable
- Lead resources involved in design elements including 3rd parties and other internal bank resources
- Select and propose suitable technologies and manage their approval through bank governance processes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of working within a regulated industry
- Strong consulting and influencing skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at senior levels, both written and oral, within the business and IT strategy areas.
- A good working knowledge of architecture frameworks and models (e.g. Systems Engineering, TOGAF)
- Experience of projects with significant integration challenges. Deep understanding of integration approaches and technologies
- Extensive experience of at least one technical architecture discipline (application, data or infrastructure), some knowledge of others
- Considerable experience in senior roles on major application development, systems integration or infrastructure projects (e.g. application architect, technical architect, lead designer, lead developer)
- Extensive experience of developing software and/or building infrastructure components on medium to large-scale distributed projects
- Experience of managing and reviewing 3rd party activities and outputs
- Technical leadership for the delivery of Digital projects, particularly in Salesforce customer and colleague solutions
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Car allowance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester.
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respect.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.