Digital Architect (Retail Banking)
Manchester Office (Remote working / Manchester)
Salary: Up to 95,000 + benefits
35 hours, full time
Do you have architectural experience working on digital projects within Financial Services/Banking environment? This is a senior position to develop and own the architecture within the digital domain, focusing on Mobile and banking aspects of the Bank’s digital strategy.
You will have the ability to operate in both agile and waterfall methodologies defining the change needed (in the form of design decisions, project designs, roadmaps and/or technology selection) to meet stated business outcomes and align to the banks IT strategy. Additionally you will offer forward thinking within the digital space road-mapping the direction of architecture strategies for the Bank.
* Be a thought leader in digital technologies, develop and own the architecture within the Digital domain and projects you work on
* Support engineers to design services for our customers and colleagues and deliver our Digital Technology strategy
* Make key architectural decisions impacting individual Digital designs, across the wider portfolio aligning to the longer term strategy
* Translate business requirements and strategy into designs and roadmaps which align to the bank’s standard and principles
* Be an active member of the banks architecture community participating in design review and governance processes
* Co-ordinate and direct all Digital IT design activity to ensure the solution is coherent and deliverable
* Lead resources involved in design elements including 3rd parties and other internal bank resources
* Select and propose suitable technologies and manage their approval through bank governance processes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Experience of working within a regulated industry
* Strong consulting and influencing skills, including excellent presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at senior levels, both written and oral, within the business and IT strategy areas.
* A good working knowledge of architecture frameworks and models (e.g. Systems Engineering, TOGAF)
* Experience of projects with significant integration challenges (e.g. Openbanking, API). Demonstrate a deep understanding of integration approaches and technologies
* Extensive experience of at least one technical architecture discipline (application, data or infrastructure), some knowledge of others
* Considerable experience in senior roles on major application development, systems integration or infrastructure projects (e.g. application architect, technical architect, lead designer, lead developer)
* Extensive experience of developing software and/or building infrastructure components on medium to large-scale distributed projects
* Experience of managing and reviewing 3rd party activities and outputs
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Hybrid working pattern, from home and contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester (where required)
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respect
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.