DBA Data Engineer
35hrs per week
24/7 support required on a rota basis
The Co-operative Bank has been rooted in distinctive co-operative values and ethics, underpinning how we run our business and providing customers with a real ethical alternative for 150 years. 2022 marks our 150th anniversary of ethical banking, we remain committed to our co-operative heritage, and values in all that we do. It is our unwavering commitment to these values and our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, which has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, resulting in the bank being rated as the UK’s best Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) rated high street bank by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics.
About the role:
As an experienced DBA you will be responsible for building and managing the bank’s data flows across the digital eco-system to connect operational, digital analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems. You will manage the databases through the entire product lifecycle including design, development, testing and deployment and also run / maintenance tasks (backups, incident management, managing performance etc).
You will enable the bank to effectively and efficiently access our own and 3rd party structured and unstructured data as required across the digital banking applications including; application forms, online banking, mobile apps and open banking providing on call support for any incidents.
- Analyse business processes and associated information requirements and provides the most appropriate information structure.
- Identify and communicate technical requirements
- Design solutions in accordance with the banks design principles and conventions and actively engage and collaborate on application design best practices and champion change in this area
- Design and develop performant systems considering back end organisation, front end accessibility, storage requirements, capacity planning, monitoring solutions and response SLAs
- Responsible for efficiency-focused design that serves to ensure that all code is highly reusable, modular and perform optimally
- Development of high quality, robust and testable code that meets our coding standards policies
- Create and maintain solution documentation, coding & implementation standards
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Work within Scrum methodology, communicating any identified risks and issues to the Product Owner / Scrum Master accordingly
- Act as a subject matter expert for Data Solutions across the Retail bank
What would we like you to have?
- Taking ownership of changes and issues through to conclusion
- Managing and balancing timescales and priorities for requests and deliverables
- Experience of None Functional Requirements for ETL/ELT data processing pipelines such as robustness, performance and security. Development incorporates design, code and defect resolution and includes setting the standards for these activities.
- Knowledge of DevOps principles as applied to product build, deploy, test automation
- Experience of database development in a large complex environment
- Experience of development with distribute data processing technologies including Oracle, Mongo, Kafka, Hadoop, Postgres and analytics platforms
- Streaming and event processing technologies such as Kafka and Change-Data-Capture (CDC) products
- Experience with Cloud platforms, serverless architecture preferable
- Successful deployment of multiple large-scale data processing solutions
- Data visualisation and complex data transforms
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.