Data Production Analyst
Remote or Manchester City Centre Full-time, permanent
35hrs per week
£24,000 - £28,000
2022 has already been a milestone year for The Co-operative Bank, in which we have delivered against the ambitious turnaround plan set three years ago to elevate the financial strength and stability of the Bank.
These results demonstrate that our leading position on ethical and social matters is not only good for our communities, but also delivers strong commercial outcomes. As ethics and sustainability become increasingly important to consumers, now more than ever, there is an important role for an ethical bank like us in the market place.
We are looking for a driven Data Analyst, either a graduate of maths, sciences, IT or candidates with solid excel and data management knowledge/experience to support the production of MI reporting across our bank. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a strong career within financial services and build expertise in data and information management and the leading tools and applications in this field.
As the Data Production Analyst, you will working within a Team of Analysts to facilitate the production of reporting and analytics to meet the requirements of the business. Through the adoption of industry leading standards and controls, whilst ensuring optimum efficiency, quality and timeliness is achieved for the delivery of all production reporting. The Data Production Analyst will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key business areas to support Co-operative Banking goals and objectives.
* To support the deployment and operational effectiveness of new reporting to the production environment by creating and maintaining relevant documentation.
* Assist in the administration of reporting environments (Cognos / SAS).
* To use innovative data and reporting methodology that are proven industry best practise.
* To develop working relationships with customers, departmental colleagues and other stakeholders, including external service providers, to facilitate the provision of quality services
* To attain an understanding of the data and management information operating environment in order to ensure operational effectiveness.
* To offer effective customer engagement providing guidance and support on all aspects of data and management information deliverables.
* To provide a query resolution service in relation to data and reports provided.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
* Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent planning and organisation
* Ability to work on multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
* Ability to estimate pieces of work and successfully hit deadlines.
* SAS knowledge is desirable
* Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with other key areas of the business
* Skills in the use of appropriate tools and systems, or able to develop these quickly
* Experience in the use of technical applications is desirable (DB2, SQL, Cognos, Business Objectives and Microsoft Access)
* Experience of MI Production
What You Can Expect From Us:
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Annual bonus scheme
* Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
* Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
* Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.