Cryptographic Technology Advisor
Our values and ethics have remained the same for almost 150 years. And they’ll continue to drive our success, as we develop our Bank – as well as the people who’ll help to shape it.
When you become a Cryptographic Technology Advisor, you will be responsible for centrally managing cryptographic keys and digital certificate management in an effective and efficient method for the Co-operative Bank and its customers.
Within the role you will be expected to:
* To deliver effective cryptographic management to generate, distribute, store, renew, recover and delete cryptographic keys and digital certificates
* Implement and maintain the operational functionality of the underlying cryptographic infrastructure to required standards.
* Produce industry standard documentation in support of activities, processes and procedures.
* You will investigate and resolve complex and critical security issues and produce recommendations to influence change.
* You will keep up to date with knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and industry best practice to develop expertise providing more effective services, and supply technical leadership to others as required.
* In addition, you will possess a strong culture of teamwork, mutual respect and social responsibility
Skills and experience:
- A broad knowledge and experience of information security/IT security and specialist knowledge of cryptographic architectures, technologies and standards.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of some of the following
- Symmetric and Asymmetric Cryptography
- Digital signatures
- PKI Concepts
- Digital certificate management
- Hardware Security Modules
- Payment schemes
- Key management ceremonies
- Experience in maintaining cryptographic infrastructure including building and configuring devices, patch management and incident resolution.
- Experience of working within an operational support environment operational support driven by an ITIL or equivalent frame work.
- Degree qualified or other relevant IT Security qualification (e.g CISSP).
- Experience in IT security and within a cryptographic operational environment.
- Previous experience in financial services industry.
- Experience with PKCS11, MSCAPI, CNG, JCE, JCA.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of any of the following technologies:
- Microsoft/Entrust PKI
- Venafi product suite
- Thales nShield/Payshield, SafeNET Luna SA/Luna EFT or KeySecure HSM devices
If you’re inspired to apply we’re confident you’re just the sort of Cryptographic Technology Advisor we’re looking for. Someone who’s as dedicated as we are about growing our bank in a complex world – ethically, responsibly and passionately. Achieving ambitions as big as ours won’t be easy. But it’s a challenge you’ll thrive on as you enjoy career development, on going training and the rewards of helping to create a better future for our customer