Customer Service Officer
Salary: £18,200 - £19,500
Work Pattern: 35 hours, Full Time (7 hours Monday – Friday and 4 hours every other Saturday)
A career that makes a difference
Who we are
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with
Find out more about who we are here.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Active network groups, ran by colleagues for colleagues
- Full Training & Development with career progression opportunities
That’s what we can offer you – a firm belief in doing what’s right in a place where you can feel genuinely proud to work, grow and develop.
What we’re about
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
Our Customer Service Officers understand that banking in a branch is all about the customer experience ‿what our customers see, hear and feel and not simply a transaction. That’s why Money facts have awarded us the ‘Branch Network of the Year’ for the second year running!!
So as a Customer Service Officer, you are a person that:
- Has passion in delivering the best customer service and is willing to go the extra mile to provide moments of truth or magic moments; so our customers stay, buy and recommend
- Appreciates and embraces customers’ diversity
- Is keen and able to learn about our products and services, guiding customers through our digital transformation
- Is happy being a key point of customer contact for all cash related queries and enquiries
- Is career focused and has a desire to work for a company they can be proud of
This is a great opportunity to shine and demonstrate ‿
- High levels of energy, resilience and self-motivation
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Passion for excellent customer service, including helping customers with our internet banking and app
- A willingness to learn about our financial products and banking processes
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.