Customer Service Officer
Contract: Fixed Term for 6 months
Full Time - 35 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary: From £21,840 plus annual bonus, 27 days holiday increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays and a fantastic range of benefits
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to kick-start their career within banking or continue their career within the financial services industry. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked in a bank branch before, as we’ll give you full training to understand our clients, products and offers. We’re looking for great people with transferrable skills who can communicate clearly and confidently with customers.
Why join The Co-operative Bank:
2023 is an exciting time to join The Co-operative Bank as we continue our journey of growth. The original Ethical bank, formed in 1872, we are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
We are a diverse colleague community and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We strive to help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work-life balance, wellbeing and career development.
We understand that banking in a branch is all about the customer experience. What our customers see, hear and feel and is not just simply a transaction. That’s why Moneyfacts have awarded us the ‘Branch Network of the Year’ several times. If you can bring excellent customer service experience, we are offering a brilliant opportunity to join our award-winning team with career progression opportunities.
What a typical day will look like:
- Acting as the first point of contact for personal and business banking customers within the branch
- Protecting and educating customers against fraud and scams
- Working towards key objectives
- Identifying and addressing customers’ needs and educating them on our products and services, as well as the different channels they can utilize to engage with us directly
- Supporting customers with daily banking, including cash and card transactions and cheque handling
- Managing and balancing a till and taking responsibility for cash management and control
- Updating customer records and processing accurate information using internal systems
- Getting involved in community outreach work and charity projects
- Guiding customers through our digital transformation
- Being pro-active to provide solutions to customers to meet their requirements
- Adhering to day to day regulatory and compliance requirements
- Working as part of a team, sharing and identifying ways to improve the service provided by the branch
- Flexible approach to working as you will have varied days from being on the counter, dealing with general enquiries and booking appointments for the personal banking team
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Unwavering customer focus, with the ability to handle queries of a sensitive and challenging nature
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Computer literate with the ability to navigate confidently and quickly around multiple systems whilst speaking to customers
- A passion for excellent customer service
- High levels of energy, resilience and self-motivation
- Previous experience gained within a customer service focussed environment working to key objectives
- Proactive approach to educating and supporting customers with different channels of managing their finances as well as going out in to the community
- Ability to learn about our financial products and banking processes
- Cash handling experience
- The ability to adapt quickly and manage multiple tasks from opening new accounts to advising on products and services and dealing with various customer queries
What we can offer you:
- 27 days holiday rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus
- Competitive pension with bank contribution up to 10% based on your contribution for example you pay 4% we pay 8%.
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Active network groups, ran by colleagues for colleagues
- Full training and development with career progression opportunities
We can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK and who can reliably commute to our Doncaster branch
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.