Customer Service Advisor
Start Date: 18 July 2022
Location: Office Based in Skelmersdale - Hybrid/Remote available in future
£18,200 - £22,285 dependent on experience and working hours
Full Time - 35, 37.5 or 40 hours
You will also receive enhanced pay (premium pay) on top of your basic salary for working on a weekend
Who we are:
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
What we can offer you:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days. Additional 8 days bank holiday which can be worked giving you more flexibility to use your bank holidays when you want to spend with friends and family.
- Competitive pension with bank contribution up to 10% based on your contribution for example you pay 4% we pay 8% / income protection / life assurance.
- Colleague bonus scheme
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year to support local charities and communities.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Over 800 employee retail discounts.
- To find out more about what we can offer you and why our colleagues rate us so highly, please visit co-operativebankjobs.co.uk and take a look at our Colleague Value Proposition.
What you will be doing:
If you can bring customer service experience at any level, we are offering a brilliant opportunity to join our award winning team:
- You will identify customers’ banking needs to tailor solutions, whilst guaranteeing the right outcome for the customer and the bank.
- We need talented problem solvers who think outside the box challenge the status quo to help shape our Contact Centres of the future.
- Safeguarding will play an important part of your role, you will do this by educating customers on safer ways of banking, profiling callers, to ensure you are speaking to the right person and protecting our customers from scam and fraud attacks to help keep their money safe
- You will interact with customers over the telephone dealing with their day to day banking needs
- As you progress you will learn more skills that will develop your knowledge and capabilities including identifying, preventing and stopping financial crime
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
We want you to impress us with the skills you have rather than where you have worked or for how long. If you demonstrate the desired skills and competencies below, then we want you to join our team:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills
- A hardworking and committed attitude
- Resilience and determination
- Computer literate, with the ability to navigate confidently and quickly around multiple systems whilst speaking to customers over the telephone
You will work a flexible working pattern 35, 37.5 or 40 hours a week, between 8am-7pm Monday to Friday and every other Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm.
Training and support:
To help you start your exciting new career we have an established Training and Academy Team who will support you throughout your learning journey. You will join our 10 week induction, which will consist of a mixture of classroom learning and interacting with customers via secure message to learn our processes and systems in a safe environment, before moving onto taking calls in a ‘live’ environment. Following that you will then move onto our Foundation Team to help you adjust to Contact Centre life before joining your operational team.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today.
About the application process:
The application process may feel a bit different from what you’ve experienced before, but is quick, easy and convenient. There are only 3 steps to our application process:
Step 1 - Apply with your CV
Step 2 - Digital Interview (a video interview conducted in the comfort of your own home and 2 fun online games to play – the whole process takes approx. 20 minutes)
Step 3 - A 15/20 minute chat with a member of the Talent Acquisition Team
We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work
with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please contact our Careers Team.