Customer Service Advisor – Operational Services
35 hours per week - Monday - Friday (shift patterns between 8am - 6pm) with additional hours to be worked during busy periods
£21,840 plus annual bonus, 27 days holiday increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays and lots of fantastic benefits.
What you will be doing:
As a Customer Service Advisor you will work in our Back-Office Operational Team handling and processing a broad range of individual requests and transactions.
We are looking for colleagues who are passionate about helping customers and who have strong verbal and written communication skills and are able to maintain high levels of accuracy, whilst delivering an exceptional administrative/customer service.
With little telephony work involved, this is a great opportunity for an experienced Customer Service Advisor to start or further their career within the Financial Services Sector, without spending their day fielding telephone enquiries. Our site in Leek deals with complex queries, so there are lots of opportunities to join our highly experienced and friendly, supportive teams to grow and develop your skills.
- To schedule and prioritise allocated work on a daily basis
- Responding to occasional inbound calls and making occasional outbound calls to customers as and when required, to obtain/request missing documents/information, in order process transactions on their behalf
- Assisting with the processing/opening of new accounts
- Issuing of paper based statements
- Managing transactions to and from customer accounts
- Processing time sensitive transactions
- Processing internal and external ISA transfers
- Registering new and managing existing power of attorney relationships
- Dealing with all processes relating to Fixed Rate Bond applications and closures
- Processing change of address requests
- Responding to any queries following recent customer mailings
- Identifying any potential vulnerable/sensitive customer needs and addressing them appropriately
- Ensuring that all interactions with customers are recorded and updated on the relevant system
- Adhering to all relevant processes and procedures, to enable accurate data and performance management and to ensure our customer’s information is protected at all times
- Supporting the team, by providing help, guidance and feedback to others, sharing best practice and seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement
What’s on offer:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days each year plus 8 days bank holiday.
- Annual Bonus
- Competitive pension with bank contribution up to 10% based on your contribution for example you pay 4% we pay 8%
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year to support local charities and communities
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity
- Over 800 employee retail discounts
- Opportunities to grow and develop your skills to enable you to further your career
- To find out more about what we can offer you and why our colleagues rate us so highly, please visit co-operativebankjobs.co.uk and take a look at our Colleague Value Proposition
What you will need:
- Proven administrative experience
- Meticulous with a strong eye for detail
- Good problem solving skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to establish an understanding of customers’ needs quickly
- The ability to communicate standard information clearly, concisely and accurately both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft systems
Why join The Co-operative Bank:
If you care deeply about making customers happy and are passionate about making things better - we'd love to hear from you!
2023 is an exciting time to join The Co-operative Bank as we continue our journey of growth. The original ethical bank, formed in 1872, we are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy, which is one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our Careers Team.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.