Customer Service Advisor - Business Banking Department
Location: Work from home/agile/hybrid or within our Manchester City Centre office
Start date: 20th June 2022
Permanent Hours: Full-Time - 35, 37.5 or 40 hours
Salary: £18,200 - £22,285 dependent on experience and working hours You will also receive enhanced pay (premium pay) on top of your basic salary for working on a weekend
A career that makes a difference
Who we are:
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
Find out more about who we are here.
What we’re about:
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
What we can offer you:
* Flexible working patterns 35, 37.5 or 40 hour week contract
* Enhanced pay on top of your basic salary (circa £1,260 per year) for working on a weekend and if employed on a full time contract
* 12 weeks of intensive training in our Manchester City Centre offices – then home based or hybrid with support
* 34 days holiday – including Bank Holidays with the option to purchase 5 further days.
* 2 paid days for volunteering per year
* Family friendly policies and a supportive work environment
* Full IT equipment provided to be able to work from home and ongoing training and support
* Colleague network groups committed to Diversity and Inclusion.
* Clear progression opportunities
* Varied shifts between Monday and Friday 8am - 6.15pm and Saturdays 9am - 12 noon.
About the role:
If you want to join an Award Winning Team delivering professional service to our business customers then this role is for you. Our Business Banking Teams are award winning and deliver professional service to our business customers. They proactively build relationships with customers over the telephone, ensuring all their business needs are met, taking personal responsibility to manage customers through their business operations with professionalism and integrity. They ensure adherence to all the relevant process and procedures and seek out opportunities to generate leads for other colleagues.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
* A resilient and unwavering customer focus
* Experience of handling and responding to standard and complex enquiries through to resolution
* Good problem solving and analytical skills
* Computer literate, with the ability to navigate confidently and quickly around multiple systems whilst speaking to customers over the telephone
Please note: To work remotely, a designated, confidential and quiet work space is required to undertake this role.
Why join the bank:
We are a diverse colleague community and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We strive to help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work life balance, wellbeing and career development.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK and who live within a 25 mile radius of Manchester City Centre.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached