Customer Service Advisor – Manchester
Start Date: 10th October 2022
Location: Family friendly working within our Leek office
Hours: Full Time – 35, 37.5, 40 hours, Mon-Fri - rotational shift patterns between 8am-6pm
Salary: £19,200 - £22,857 dependent upon experience and working hour, plus 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
A career that makes a difference
Who we are:
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
What we’re about:
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has a passion for delivering exceptional customer service to join our Bereavement team. You will be supporting those who are bereaved and vulnerable by responding to queries, assessing and gaining an understanding of their situation. It will be your responsibility to provide support and guidance over the phone and through written correspondence. You will join a well-established team that successfully handles large volumes of administration with excellent attention to detail. We are looking for someone who is organised, keen to learn and has a pro-active mind-set. Full training on our banking systems and processes will be provided with ongoing support to ensure you are able to assist our customers when they need it the most.
- The main purpose of this role is to support customer during a particularly difficult time by delivering exceptional service to those who are bereaved and experiencing particular vulnerability.
- To communicate with the bereaved, vulnerable customers and solicitors professionally, with empathy in order to provide support and guidance to enable closure of the deceased’s estate.
- To identify customer needs and respond to them appropriately ensuring an excellent customer experience.
- To respond to account queries/investigations, providing guidance and support to customers and colleagues.
- To support and provide guidance to branch colleagues with process/product specific knowledge to enable them to deliver a great customer experience when dealing with simple bereavement cases.
- To maintain knowledge of the banks products and services to be able to support effectively with a bereaved customer’s account profile.
- To share best practice and seek out opportunities for continuous improvement of our services to the bereaved and vulnerable.
- To keep up to date with regulatory requirements and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective handling of bereaved and vulnerable customers.
What would we like you to have?
- The ability to work with a diverse range of people and able to role model the values and culture of the organisation.
- Excellent customer service experience and telephone manor.
- Excellent administrative experience – customer correspondence is a large part of this role.
- The able to be self-motivated and to be objective about own performance.
- The ability to operate within a regulatory or operational environment.
- The ability to deliver consistent quality work in a demanding environment.
- To be able to respond to customer empathetically.
- Able to work shift patterns on a rotational basis, between 8am-6pm Mon-Fri. 1 in 4 Sat mornings may come into effect once Covid restrictions are lifted.
What you can expect from us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached