**CONTACT CENTRE OPPORTUNITIES**
Customer Service Advisor
Location: Newly refurbished contact centre in Skelmersdale
Start Date: April & May 2024
Hours: 35 hours per week
Starting Salary: £22,250 - £25,428 plus annual bonus, pay progression review every 6 months and a fantastic range of benefits
What will you be doing?
* Working within our newly refurbished contact centre, you will be taking high volumes of calls and identifying customers’ banking needs to tailor solutions, whilst guaranteeing the right outcome for the customer and the bank
* We need talented problem solvers who think outside the box and challenge the status quo, to help shape our contact centres of the future
* Safeguarding will play an important part of your role, you will do this by educating customers on safer ways of banking, profiling callers to ensure you are talking to the right person and protecting our customers from scam and fraud attacks, to help keep their money safe
* Answering a high volume of calls and interacting with customers over the telephone, dealing not only with their day to day banking needs, but complex queries and providing a resolution on that first time call
* You will be expected to deal with high levels of numbers and data input, whilst talking to our customers in a genuine, professional and friendly manner
* As you progress you will learn more skills that will develop your knowledge and capabilities, including identifying, preventing and stopping financial crime
* Working hours – Monday - Friday between 8am & 7pm on a rotational shift pattern and 2 in 4 Saturdays and Sundays per month 9am – 5pm (with time given back in lieu).
What’s on offer?
We reward colleagues with more than just completive salary and bonus scheme, we offer an attractive range of benefits including work life balance and wellbeing options.
* Virtual interview process
* 3 weeks’ classroom based training, 5 weeks Academy training (taking live calls) and then 4 weeks within the foundation team.
* 27 days holiday increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays and the opportunity to buy additional holidays (up to a maximum of 35 days holiday entitlement in total).
* Pay progression reviews every 6 months
* Enhanced pay on top of your basic salary (up to £1,440 per year) for working on a weekend and if employed on a full time contract
* Pension scheme up to 10% contribution
* Life insurance and income protection
* Extended unpaid leave
* Paid maternity and adoption Leave
* 2 paid volunteering days per year
* A range of retail/high street discounts
* Discounted travel to work
* Eye care vouchers
* Cycle to work scheme
* Family friendly policies and wellbeing support
* Career development/Apprenticeship opportunities
* Colleague network groups committed to diversity and inclusion
What you will need?
* Excellent communication skills
* The ability to multitask and prioritise
* Customer service background
* Passion, energy and enthusiasm
* Excellent listening and problem solving skills
* The ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
* A hardworking and committed attitude
* Resilience and determination
* Computer literate, with the ability to navigate confidently and quickly around multiple systems whilst speaking to customers over the telephone
Why join The Co-operative Bank?
If you care deeply about making customers happy and are passionate about making things better - we'd love to hear from you!
2024 is an exciting time to join The Co-operative Bank as we continue our journey of growth. The original ethical bank, formed in 1872, we are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy, which is one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our Careers Team.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.