*CONTACT CENTRE OPPORTUNTIES*
Customer Service Advisor
Location: Office based in Skelmersdale
Start Date: 19th February 2024
Salary: £21,840 - £24,960 plus a pay progression review every 6 months, annual bonus, enhanced pay for working on a weekend (an additional 35% will be paid on top of your normal hourly rate) and a fantastic range of benefits
What’s on offer?
We reward colleagues with more than just completive salary and bonus scheme, we offer an attractive range of benefits including work life balance and wellbeing options.
- Enhanced pay for working on a weekend and if employed on a full time contract (an additional 35% will be paid on top of your normal hourly rate).
- Annual bonus.
- 27 days holiday increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays and the opportunity to buy additional holidays (up to a maximum of 35 days holiday entitlement in total).
- Pay progression reviews every 6 months.
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme up to 10% employer contribution.
- Life insurance and income protection.
- Extended unpaid leave.
- Paid maternity/paternity and adoption leave.
- 2 paid volunteering days per year.
- A range of retail/high-street discounts.
- Discounted travel to work.
- Eye care vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Family friendly policies and wellbeing support.
- Award winning Colleague Network Groups committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Virtual interview process.
- 12 weeks of training including: 3 weeks’ classroom based training and a further 9 weeks of support whilst taking ‘live’ calls from customers.
- Career development/Apprenticeship opportunities.
What you will be doing:
* Working within our newly refurbished contact centre, you will be taking high volumes of calls and identifying customers’ banking needs to tailor solutions, whilst guaranteeing the right outcome for the customer and the bank.
* We need talented problem solvers who think outside the box and challenge the status quo, to help shape our contact centres of the future.
* Safeguarding will play an important part of your role, you will do this by educating customers on safer ways of banking, profiling callers to ensure you are talking to the right person and protecting our customers from scam and fraud attacks, to help keep their money safe.
* Answering a high volume of calls and interacting with customers over the telephone, dealing not only with their day to day banking needs, but complex queries and providing a resolution on that first time call.
* You will be expected to deal with high levels of numbers and data input, whilst talking to our customers in a genuine, professional and friendly manner.
* As you progress you will learn more skills that will develop your knowledge and capabilities, including identifying, preventing and stopping financial crime.
* Working hours – Monday - Friday between 8am & 7pm on a rotational shift pattern and 2 in 4 Saturdays and Sundays per month 9am – 5pm (with time given back in lieu).
What you will need?
* Excellent communication skills.
* The ability to multitask and prioritise.
* Customer service background.
* Passion, energy and enthusiasm.
* Excellent listening and problem solving skills.
* The ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment.
* A hardworking and committed attitude.
* Resilience and determination.
* Computer literate, with the ability to navigate confidently and quickly around multiple systems whilst speaking to customers over the telephone.
Why join The Co-operative Bank?
If you care deeply about making customers happy and are passionate about making things better - we'd love to hear from you!
2023 is an exciting time to join The Co-operative Bank as we continue our journey of growth. The original ethical bank, formed in 1872, we are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy, which is one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our Careers Team.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.