Customer Resolution Investigator
Location: Manchester or Leek
The Co-operative bank has a lot to be proud of since the launch of the Ethical Policy in 1992 which remains unique in UK high street banking. We believe our approach to banking, with values and ethics at the centre of everything we do sets us apart and remains the key reason why approximately 4 million customers choose to bank with us.
To carry out a wide range of analysis work, and respond, both verbally and in writing, to Co-operative Bank complaints.
- To undertake detailed independent investigations and provide guidance, advice and solutions to customer complaints.
- Utilise specialist knowledge, skills and behaviours to effectively achieve a successful outcome to Co-operative Bank complaints while maintaining the maximum possible level of customer satisfaction, including effective customer retention.
- Contact customers and third parties by phone and letter to resolve customer complaints.
- Ensure Co-operative Bank complaints are handled in a timely, accurate and effective manner in accordance with internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Understand, maintain and apply knowledge on regulatory and legal matters.
- Regularly seek feedback on personal performance and respond to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Proactively monitor customer complaints to identify opportunities for process improvements to improve the customer experience and financial efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Share knowledge, ideas and information freely to assist others within the team.
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of relevant Co-operative Bank products, processes and procedures.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Excellent understanding of, and works within, Co-operative Bank regulatory environment.
- Experience of resolving a range of Co-operative Bank complaints.
- Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately communicate with internal and external customers a full range of detailed information, both verbally and in writing, from a variety of sources, using persuasive and negotiating skills.
- Capable of making appropriate complaint handling judgements.
- Highly developed and proven customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a highly challenging environment whilst maintaining the customer at the forefront of all activities.
- Possess Co-operative Bank process, procedure, system and product knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of complaint handling polices, processes and procedures.
- Tenacious in their approach to problem solving.
- Good understanding of complaint management systems and software.
- The ability to monitor and prioritise workload to achieve deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge relevant Co-operative Bank systems and processes.
We are passionate and committed to continuing to build a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.