Cryptographic Technology Advisor
Salary up to £42,200
Manchester / Remote
Want to change the world? A career that makes a difference
We’re not a bank that follows the crowd. Instead, we like to stand out for all the right reasons. Our bank is built on co-operative values that stand strong today. A lot has happened in 150 years, we don’t just help people with their money, but help people fight for justice and the causes they care about. Our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, and we’re market leaders in ESG as rated by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics*.
There has never been a more pressing time for our Bank to focus our efforts on causes that matter to our customers and colleagues. Why not see where you can make a change, and join the UK’s original ethical bank to continue our ambitions to lead the industry on environmental and social issues in 2023 and beyond.
As a Cryptographic Technology Advisor, you will be responsible for centrally managing cryptographic keys and digital certificate management in an effective and efficient method for The Co-operative Bank and its customers. You will deliver effective cryptographic management to generate, distribute, store, renew, recover and delete cryptographic keys and digital certificates. You will support our Senior Cryptographic Advisors on project activity and have the opportunity to broaden your expertise in Cryptography. If you have a background in Cyber Security with a desire to expand your skillset, we’d love to hear from you.
- Implement and maintain the operational functionality of the underlying cryptographic infrastructure to required standards.
- Investigate and resolve complex and critical security issues and produce recommendations to influence change.
- Produce industry standard documentation in support of activities, processes and procedures.
- Remain up to date with knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and industry best practice to develop expertise providing more effective services, and supply technical leadership to others as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- A broad knowledge and experience of information security/IT security
- Specialist knowledge of the following cryptographic architectures, technologies and standards is desirable but not essential:-
- Digital signatures
- PKI Concepts
- Digital certificate management
- Hardware Security Modules
- Payment schemes
- Key management ceremonies
- Experience in maintaining cryptographic infrastructure including building and configuring devices, patch management and incident resolution.
- Experience of working within an operational support environment operational support driven by an ITIL or equivalent framework.
- Degree qualified or other relevant IT Security qualification (e.g CISSP).
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
We can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.