Corporate Lending Trainer
Salary, Up to £75,000pa + Car Allowance
Want to change the world? A career that makes a difference
We’re not a bank that follows the crowd. Instead, we like to stand out for all the right reasons. Our bank is built on co-operative values that stand strong today. A lot has happened in 150 years, we don’t just help people with their money, but help people fight for justice and the causes they care about. Our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, and we’re market leaders in ESG as rated by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics*.
There has never been a more pressing time for our Bank to focus our efforts on causes that matter to our customers and colleagues. Why not see where you can make a change, and join the UK’s original ethical bank to continue our ambitions to lead the industry on environmental and social issues in 2024 and beyond.
This position is Remote however there is a requirement to attend specific meetings at our headquarters in Manchester once a month.
Due to continued growth and investments within our Product department we have a new opportunity for a Corporate Lending Coach. Responsible for providing credit training to bank colleagues and identifying areas of improvements and delivering suitable coaching and training to address skills gaps within the department.
- Lead and manage the coaching and training of 1st line team members to ensure key customer deliverables are met, including Consumer Duty requirements
- Support the Training and Competency framework across the team
- Collect and analyse information on training needs of SME Banking colleagues, including those relating to customer prospecting, sector understanding, credit risk assessment and understanding of legal documentation, identifying problem areas and delivering suitable coaching and training to address skills gaps
- Embed the first line of defence model in relation to credit risk assessment ensuring that team members recommend lending facilities that align with the Banks credit risk appetite
- Proactively seek development opportunities to enhance own skills and knowledge to operate effectively as a lending coach
- Contribute to regular reviews of credit policies, criteria, templates and procedures
- Collaborate in financial analysis, structuring and recommendation of new business proposals, annual reviews and in-life variations such that they are in line with the Bank’s criteria and policies or there is sufficiently robust mitigation if outside of such
- Work with Relationship Managers to help identify a clear view of the risks of a transaction and how these may be mitigated
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong understanding of acquisition, customer management and arrears processes, systems and practices along with commercial, financial and legislative requirements and issues affecting the wider financial services industry
- Planning and organisation expertise, including proven track record within a credit risk management environment in developing creative solutions to complex issues and delivery within defined timescales
- Extensive experience of corporate/SME credit risk analysis and associated analytical techniques and practices
- Experience of working with customers to support the needs of their businesses
- Experienced in a variety of coaching and training methods
- Proven leadership capability
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday rising to 30 with service, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension with up to 10% employer contribution
- Income protection / life assurance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
We can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
*Rated by Morningstar Sustainalytics in the Regional Banks sub-industry with a score of 8.5 as of 9 October 2023.