Salary up to £41,000
35 hours per week
Location: Remote working/Manchester office base
Want to change the world? A career that makes a difference
We’re not a bank that follows the crowd. Instead, we like to stand out for all the right reasons. Our bank is built on co-operative values that stand strong today. A lot has happened in 150 years, we don’t just help people with their money, but help people fight for justice and the causes they care about. Our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, and we’re market leaders in ESG as rated by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics*.
There has never been a more pressing time for our Bank to focus our efforts on causes that matter to our customers and colleagues. Why not see where you can make a change, and join the UK’s original ethical bank to continue our ambitions to lead the industry on environmental and social issues in 2023 and beyond.
What will this role involve?
We are excited to announce a brand new opportunity for a Content Designer. You will focus around designing and writing content for users of services and journeys with the opportunity to immerse yourself in projects right from the start, setting the purpose for the content on the page. You will gain valuable experience creating written content for Business Banking (Business Banking website, Business Online Banking, the Mobile Banking App and other customer journeys) working alongside our UX Designers and UX Researchers!
This role is not involve digital marketing, social media or SEO.
- Understand users, identify who they are and what their needs are based on user research and testing.
- Translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these need
- Research, design and write content to deliver easy user accessibility and experiences
- Engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users
- Use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes
- Design content to meet user needs and make complex language and processes easy to understand.
- Understand and implement style and standards
- Provide an overall perspective on business issues, events, activities and an understanding of their wider implications and long-term impact
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment, utilising agile methodologies and a flexible approach to enable quick delivery.
- Accountable for quality outcomes.
- Identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes.
- Help the team to decide the best approach, manage and visualise outcomes, prioritise work and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP) and scope.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Content Design experience within an Agile environment is necessary
- Experience of agile delivery of GDS is desirable
* Experience using a variety of User-centred design methodologies
* Excellent writing skills and a view for the wider creative piece
* Passion for the profession and communicates the vision to the team clearly
* Challenges ways of working and the status quo
* Skilled in innovative thinking, using own initiative to seek out opportunities to create effective change
* Being open to change and improvement, and working in ‘smarter’, more focused ways
* Previous experience using Jira (preferred, not essential)
What can you expect from us?
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.