Channel Readiness Advisor - 12 month Secondment
35 Hours per week
Hiring Manager is Martin.Regan@co-operativebank.co.uk
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 150 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
To support the effective delivery of business readiness, operational and customer improvements across all areas of Customer Channels, ensuring positive customer and commercial outcomes are consistently delivered through best in class standards and methodology. To deliver Retail Bank channel readiness activities that align to our strategy, scorecard, transformation and BAU projects and initiatives To lead the elements of the overall readiness plan for Customer Channels, inputting to the shaping of this and enabling successful and compliant delivery aligned to the strategic priorities. To support the delivery of all aspects of Operational performance improvement and consistent embedding of key principles and priorities for Customer Channels.
- Co-ordination and delivery of effective readiness plans for Customer Channels, proactively identifying opportunities, promoting and facilitating a culture for continuous improvement and to ensure these are appropriately managed through the prioritisation process
- To manage the embedding of all change into customer channels BAU, ensuring benefits across the balanced scorecard are delivered, whilst not impacting customer or colleague experience through the transition
- Co-ordinate the delivery of critical readiness activity that enables the on-time and successful deployment of transformation and customer/process improvement, to ensure positive Customer outcomes are delivered
- Identifies and shapes new opportunities to enhance customer experience, building on the Bank’s brand positioning through its values & ethics
- Leverages new capability and processes delivered by the Bank to help grow and deepen customer relationships
- Leads the effective relationships with key stakeholders ensuring collaboration that supports the delivery of the business area and wider Bank strategy
- Inputs to shaping overall Readiness plans to support the Bank’s strategic priorities, leading on elements of this.
- Ensure our colleagues in customer channels are fully prepared to handle changes and support customers through transformation activity.
- Works closely with the relevant teams to ensure delivery of the Readiness plan, including working closely with product and digital readiness stakeholders.
- Develops effective relationships across internal teams to shape robust readiness plans that set the Bank up for success
- Develops a clear vision, and plan, works with delivery areas on the tactics to deliver against the plan and oversee timely adherence
- Able to challenge and explore alternative options where required to remain aligned to our Bank’s values and support cost management commitments
- Influences and engages to deliver through others.
- FINANCIAL / COMMERCIALS
- Co-ordinate the delivery of critical readiness activity that enables the on-time and successful deployment of transformation and customer/process improvement, to ensure positive Commercial outcomes are delivered
- Supports the creation and management of robust business cases to support project delivery and prioritisation, ensuring ongoing business justification through tracking and identification of benefits within customer channels.
- Consistent focus on cost and ability to explore alternative options to support cost reduction initiatives
- Makes recommendations and implements continuous improvement activity to enhance efficiency and reduce costs through improvement culture
- Utilises insight and data points to support internal plans and processes to drive key customer and commercial outcomes
- Develops and manages impact analysis via effective use of data to track benefit realisation
- Proactive in documenting learnings from operational / pilot activity to form analysis and approach for wider transformation programme initiation and shaping to support customer channel colleagues
- Support research and customer segmentation analysis, to define and shape good future customer outcomes
- RISK AND PROCESS
- Identify and manage regulatory, operational and conduct risks in accordance with the banks risk appetite.
- Ensure regulatory, risk and control requirements and the appropriate robust governance arrangements are in place
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Understanding of company strategy, objectives and key outcomes Numerate and articulate
* Detailed understanding of the channel offerings, sales processes and systems.
* Good analytical skills, creativity and logical thinking to resolve problems Reviewed February 2021
* Knowledge of UK banking industry, competition, commercials and regulation activity
* An understanding of change standards and methodology
* Experience of managing/coordinating small scale local change
* Track record in delivery
* Ability to influence and contribute to debates relating to assigned projects * Stakeholder management skills
* Ability to track benefits through delivery
* Ability to resolve complex situations, interpreting business and technical requirements to understand the impact these will have when delivered
* Strong communications skills
What You Can Expect From Us:*
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester.
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respect.
if you require this advertisement in any other format or need any assistance during the process please advise the careers team @ email@example.com