Customer Service Advocate – Financial Crime Prevention
Full and part time opportunities available
£18,000 - £19,500 35 hour week contract + overtime paid at enhanced rates
You will also receive enhanced pay for weekend hours on top of your basic salary (circa £1,260 per year if employed on a full time and on a flexible working contract).
* 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days. Additional 8 days bank holiday which can be worked giving you more flexibility to use your bank holidays when you want to spend with friends and family.
* Competitive pension with bank contribution up to 10% based on your contribution for example you pay 4% we pay 8% plus income protection and life assurance.
Here at The Co-operative Bank we are a little bit different. We are the bank for people with purpose. Our values and ethics are at the heart of our business and underpin everything we do. This is why so many people want to come and work for us.
What you will be doing:
If you can bring customer service experience at any level, we are offering a brilliant opportunity to join our award winning team.
You will identify customer’s day to day banking needs to tailor solutions, whilst guaranteeing the right outcome for the customer and the bank. We need talented problem solvers who are able to think outside the box and to challenge the status quo, to help shape our Contact Centres of the future. Safeguarding will play an important part of your role, you will do this by educating customers on safer ways of banking, profiling callers, to ensure you are talking to the right person and protecting our customers from scam and fraud attacks to help keep their money safe. As you progress you will learn more skills which will develop your knowledge and capabilities including identifying, preventing and stopping financial crime.
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days. Additional 7 days bank holiday which can be worked giving you more flexibility to use your bank holidays when you want to spend with friends and family.
- Competitive pension with bank contribution up to 10% based on your contribution for example you pay 4% we pay 8% / income protection / life assurance.
- Equipment provided i.e. computer, phone, hardware/software.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year to support local charities and communities.
- Over 800 employee retail discounts.
To find out more about what we can offer you and why our colleagues rate us so highly, please visit co-operativebankjobs.co.uk and take a look at our Colleague Value Proposition.
Training and support:
To help you start your exciting new career we have an established Training and Academy Team who will support you throughout your learning journey. You will join our 6 week induction, which will consist of a mixture of classroom learning and interacting with customers via secure message to learn our processes and systems in a safe environment, before moving onto taking calls in a live environment. Following that you will then move onto our Foundation Team to help you adjust to Contact Centre life before joining your operational team.
You will work a flexible working pattern of an average of 35 hours a week over a 7 day period between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm on a weekend. Our current Covid Operational Hours are Monday-Friday 8am-6pm & 9pm-5pm on a weekend.
Candidates who have fixed commitments and who are seeking part-time employment are also welcome to apply, please advise us of your preferred working hours on your application.
So, if you enjoy looking after customers and have a passion for delivering great service and would you like to work for a supportive organisation with development opportunities, we would love to hear from you!
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
We want you to impress us with the skills you have rather than where you have worked or for how long. If you demonstrate the desired skills and competencies below, then we want you to join our team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills
- The ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- A hardworking and committed attitude
- Resilience and determination
- Computer literate, with the ability to navigate around different systems
About the application process:
Our application process isn’t long winded. There are only 3 quick and easy steps:
- Step 1 - Apply with your CV
- Step 2 - Digital Interview (a video interview conducted in the comfort of your own home and 2 fun online games to play – the whole process takes approx. 25 minutes)
- Step 3 - A 20-25 minute chat with a member of the in-house recruitment team
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential.
We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please contact the Careers Team.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.