Business Analyst - BA, Lead & Senior
35 hour working week
**Remote working/ Manchester We have a number of opportunities as a Business Analyst, Lead Business Analyst & Senior Business Analyst to support our Retail, SME & Simplification projects. **
The Co-operative Bank has been rooted in distinctive co-operative values and ethics, underpinning how we run our business and providing customers with a real ethical banking alternative. With a desire to challenge the status quo, and with community in our DNA, we remain committed to our co-operative heritage and values in all that we do. Our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, resulting in the bank being rated as the UK’s best Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) rated high street bank by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics.
There has never been a more pressing time for our bank to focus our efforts on causes that matter to our customers and colleagues. So why not join the UK’s original ethical bank in our values and ethics as we continue our ambitions to lead the industry on environmental and social issues in 2023 and beyond.
As a Business Analyst, you will have the opportunity to lead on new innovative projects, focusing on the transformation within Retail Banking.
Your role will be to ensure that project implementation is guided by a shrewd and effective interpretation of what the business wants. Assess the implications of a given change, offer workable solutions and lead the engagement of a wide stakeholder population. There will also be the opportunity to coach/train other BA’s in the Senior and Lead roles.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with both business and project stakeholders to help them to understand the business requirements and regulatory needs.
What can you expect from us?
* Clear routes to progression with investment in your training and development
* Colleague bonus scheme
* Home working and flexible working opportunities
* 27 days holiday, increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
* A chance to be part of key transformation in the UK’s best ESG rated high street bank (Environmental, Social and Governance)
* Join us on our journey to become the UK’s best digital bank
* Variety of colleague benefits including discount scheme, competitive pension up to 10% employer contribution, life assurance, volunteering days, recognition scheme
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank
What would we like you to have?
* Experience with Agile/Waterfall methodologies (For Lead & Senior roles)
* Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to ensure full engagement in the business analysis and business requirements gathering process, resolving conflict where required.
* A Business Analysis qualification is preferred
* Proven experience of business analysis within financial services preferred but not essential
* Evidence of process mapping ideally aligned with BPMN standards
* Proven ability to demonstrate skills for: requirements gathering, solution design, workshop facilitation and managing risks
* Ability to train & coaching others on the aspects of Business analysis (For Lead & Senior roles)
* An interest in banking operations and processes
* Strong member/customer focus and ability to promote this same focus and culture across the wider team
* Strong focus on initiating and leading continuous improvement
* The role holder will be required to build relationships and influence internal stakeholders at peer level and above
We may only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application. If you need this document in a different format please contact our careers team.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.