Contract - 12 month secondment starting 25/10/21
Working hours: 35 hours per week (includes 1 in 3 Saturdays)
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do and wholly embrace advocates who truly connect and endorse our brand. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
As Branch Manager, your role will be to lead, coach and develop a branch team to provide consistently outstanding customer experience, commercial and colleague results, whilst maintaining all quality, risk and regulatory requirements and delivering across the Network Scorecard.
- Inspiring leading and coaching branch colleagues to deliver excellent results. Create a strong team culture demonstrating the skills, values and behaviours needed to inspire customers to buy from us, stay with us and recommend us to others
- Create value for customers and the business by managing branch activity against the Network Scorecard, taking appropriate action to address performance gaps where necessary
- Manage, organise, control and monitor the activities of the branch team to optimise resources and deal effectively with conflicting operational, customer and regulatory needs
- Build and develop local community and business links both geographically, with wider community and Group in order to promote the business and meet their needs
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of our strategy and local high street competitors including competitor strategies
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Ability to support own and others development through effective coaching, feedback and buddying
- Understanding of the regulatory requirements and rules that govern the business activities that you are responsible, accountable or work within
- Keeping yourself and your team aligned to digital changes and leading by example in adopting and embedding a digital approach whilst supporting customer choice
- Demonstrate ability to deal with change initiatives and lead change in your local market, including supporting others through change building resilience and change capability
- Track record of building, leading and motivating teams
What you can expect from us:
* 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
* Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* 2 paid days for volunteering per year
* Strong career path within Financial Services
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
* Active network groups, ran by colleagues for colleagues
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached