Automation Analyst Home/Manchester/ Skelmersdale
Hiring Manager: Fran Hayes
35hrs per week
As an Automation Analyst you will be providing technical expertise to support and maintain both in-house and externally developed tools to the required standards.
In the event of unexpected issues arising, the role holder will prioritise their own work to ensure that the issue is resolved in order that the impact on our customers is minimised or removed.
* Accountable for support of tooling within agreed SLA’s, ensuring tooling conforms to the Bank’s governance model.
* Perform complex tooling configuration
* Adoption and promotion of continuous improvement.
* Build and maintain effective relationships with third party and service providers.
* Analyse and develop technology solutions based on customer requirements.
* Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing tooling.
* Create and maintain documentation for tooling installations, changes and upgrades.
* Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades.
* Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
* Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
* Develop and implement strategies for migration, consolidation and upgrade of tooling components.
* Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
* Keeps abreast of developments in the market and ensures the business is fully aware of leading edge thinking in the field
* Developing and maintaining relationships with a complex range of vendors to ensure their input and support for configuration, tooling and relevant service management activities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Identifies & establishes industry best practice frameworks, methods and techniques required to support Continual Service Improvements
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with IT Service Owners and Technical Domain teams
- Experience working in a similar size IT function in a large national networked organisation
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in discovery and documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills including highly developed negotiation & influencing skills to manage relationships across IT
- Excellent co-ordination, facilitation, planning, organisational and problem solving abilities.
- Good technical awareness with an ability to understand, interpret, document and challenge technical information.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people and cultures
- Resilience and ability to cope with pressure and demands of a challenging role.
- Drive and determination to achieve results
- A strong technical background is required to enable information to be obtained from IT teams and be understood and correlated.
- Good working knowledge of all the relevant business operations
- A good awareness of Service Management tools (ITIL accreditation desirable).
- Highly developed communication skills, able to present effectively to senior stakeholders
- Experience in establishing and maintaining interfaces with major suppliers/partners in a complex, multi-vendor environment
- Top-level problem solving and innovation capability with strong attention to detail
- Excellent networking skills used at a senior level with suppliers, partners and sub-contractors
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
We can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.