Associate Team leader - Permanant
Balloon St - Manchester
A career that makes a difference
Who we are
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
What we’re about
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
* To support the team leader across multiple teams to drive the business forward by ensuring that all administration on the teams is completed in a timely manner ensuring Customer First at all times, and living a culture of People with Purpose
* All relevant data bases are kept up to date, to ensure that operational objectives are delivered by the teams against the Contact Centre scorecard.
* Ensure that regulatory and procedural standards are consistently maintained.
* Ensure that all complaints are dealt with efficiently giving support where needed
* Ensure that all payments are authorised/deleted daily
* Check all relevant systems daily for outstanding charges/payments/refunds for the team
* Support the team with more in depth queries to ensure resolution at first point of contact
* Identify coaching opportunities through QC activity, and ensure that the coaching need is given to the appropriate TL to facilitate the creation of effective coaching plans for all advocates
* Participate in the development, and maintenance of procedures, systems and processes to support the effective delivery of operational activities, and contribute to the effective implementation of any changes and developments through the Simplify mechanism
* Resolve customer queries and issues escalated from colleagues, further escalating significant problems as appropriate and identifying and highlighting trends/emerging issues to enable their early resolution.
* Provide support as required to all Team Leaders to facilitate the effective delivery of operational activities and the swift resolution of problems and issues.
* Support the new starter journey and transition to the team environment with enhanced coaching support
* Maintain knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role. Support and promote compliance with those requirements within the role and the business
What we want from you:
* Previous experience in a supportive role within the Customer Contact function
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Track record of improving customer experiences.
* Knowledge of the Core Bank agenda and the Distribution plan.
* Good stakeholder management skills
* Excellent planning and organisation skills.
* Flexible and agile to meet changing customer and business demands
What you can expect from us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.