Asset, Configuration and Licence Manager
Location: Remote working with option to work from Manchester office
Salary: £37 – 47k
35 hours per week, full time
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 150 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
As an Asset, Configuration and Licence Manager you will keep the Banks Asset Management and Configuration Management databases up to date in order to provide accurate and reliable information to the rest of the organisation about the Banks’ IT assets and Business Services. To also proactively assist in the management of software assets throughout their lifecycle and ensure the Bank is cost effective in how software is used to support Business outcomes. This role serves as a support to Software Licence Asset Management and other Bank IT Service Management processes in particular to; Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management, as well as ensuring any risks are managed and mitigated (where appropriate).
* Ensures Asset and Configuration processes are fit for purpose, provides process sponsorship, process re-engineering, design and continual improvement of these processes and their metrics, as well as contributing to the Software Asset Management policies and processes
- Ensures tight linkage between the Asset, Configuration and Licence processes and other related processes
- Provides relevant knowledge (SME) to the organisation
- Ensures all IT assets are registered and status tracked and relationships in place within the Configuration Management Database (where applicable)
- Facilitates reporting of asset, configuration & licence data to identified stakeholders
- Ensures the integration between the Asset Management Database (AMDB) and Configuration Management Database (CMDB), where applicable
- Educates the organisation about established Asset, Configuration and Licence Management standards, policies and processes and promotes their value
- Schedules IT asset audits and configuration validation activities, investigates findings and ensures corrective actions are implemented to reconcile the Databases to prevent recurrences
- Manages and escalates data exceptions resulting from Asset, Configuration & Licence Management Processes and procedures
- Provides input to risk processes including (but not limited to): Attestations, RCSA testing, audit and issue findings
- Establishes and re-iterates data and licence management and ownership responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with internal and external suppliers to ensure data is accurate, reliable and up to date
- Contributes to the management of risks associated to software assets
- Provides support and guidance to colleagues across the Bank organisation to ensure we remain compliant from an asset & licence perspective when implementing major programmes/project
* Demonstrates compliance to all governance frameworks
* Develops, motivates and encourages continuous improvement
* Effectively manages senior stakeholders
* Working collaboratively with Software Asset License Manager, ensuring end-to-end compliance is maintained.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Workload, scheduling & prioritisation
- Good technical understanding of The Co-operative Bank IT environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Micro Focus toolsets
* Previous experience and knowledge on software and vendor licensing models (desirable)
- Awareness and background in software asset management, with some knowledge of SAM best practice.
- Some commercial experience with ability to support software contract renewals
- A desire to proactively understand how the software industry is changing and how that impacts the Banks compliance/charging model.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong negotiation & influencing skills to manage relationships across IT
- Excellent co-ordination, facilitation, planning, organisational, problem solving abilities and innovation capability.
- Good technical awareness and an ability to understand, interpret, document and challenge technical information.
- Resilience and ability to cope with pressure and demands of a challenging role.
- Drive and determination to achieve results
- Good working knowledge of all the relevant business operations
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Excel knowledge and experience
- Ideally qualified with ITIL accreditation
* Highly developed communication skills, able to present effectively at major meetings and to senior stakeholders
* Excellent networking skills used at a senior level within the Co-operative Bank, with suppliers, partners and sub-contractors
* Understanding the downstream impact of supplier and operating model change and release over an extremely complex IT technical estate
* Act as a role model for the team, demonstrates leadership and influencing techniques, ability to share the team strategy and values.
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
We will also be advertising this role externally from the 7th June.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.