Application Support Engineer
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.*
The Co-operative Bank are celebrating 150 years of ethical banking, we're proud to be different. And we're even prouder that it's our people with purpose, who make us different. We help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work life balance, wellbeing and career development.
Accountable for the management and delivery of parameter changes / controls of the Card Management Systems used by the Bank. Provide expert level technical / specialist knowledge, support & delivery in key areas of Incident Management, System Functionality & Development / Change, ensuring defined business objectives are achieved whilst continually monitoring & maintaining quality and services requirements meeting business needs & risk appetite.
* Provide subject matter expertise on card platform operations and performance to resolve problems and issues
* Develop and maintain knowledge on card payments industry wide initiatives
* Support the card (FiServ, Visa change processes)
- Maintain all procedural and technical documentation in order to ensure processes are kept up to date
- Liaise with outsource platform providers to produce development costings, timelines and resource plans and input to systems solutions design to meet business/sponsor requirements
- Ensure developments are managed to meet planned design, cost and timeline
- Create and maintain testing approaches, including scripts and plans to make sure developments meet performance objectives
* Deliver effective development relationship management of outsource platform provider to ensure issue resolution and escalation as appropriate
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Expertise in (or at least familiarity with) relevant systems- FV, CICS02, Visa Online, Arcot
* Ability to analyse and impact assess potentially complex documentation (for FV/ Visa releases)
* Experience of working in an operational engineering team
* Substantial understanding of the wider aspects/implications of problems and issues
* Capable of dealing with a number of issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
* Proven experience in using Continual Service Improvement techniques to deliver improvements to service and/or departmental efficiency and effectiveness
* Good technical background to understand how the online and batch management technologies support the business and underpin IT services
* Good people skills and an ability to build and develop relationships to support high performing operational team
* Good communication skills for dealing with internal management and teams, liaison with business partners and customers and external IT suppliers
What You Can Expect From Us:
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
* Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
* Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.