Location: Manchester City Centre/Hybrid
Hours: 35 hours a week (Monday–Friday between 8am–5pm)
Salary: Up to £23,500 depending on experience
A career that makes a difference
Who we are
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
Are you an experienced Anti-Money Laundering (AML) or Suspicious Activity Report (SARs) Investigator? If so, we want to hear from you.
2022 is an exciting time to join the UK’s original ethical bank and our highly successful AML Team. We believe our approach to banking, with values and ethics at the centre of everything we do, sets us apart and remains the key reason why approximately 4 million customers choose to bank with us.
What you will be doing:
* Undertaking detailed investigations in anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing
* Validating investigations utilising a range of sources from both internal and external sources as required
* Making suitable recommendations and meaningful rationale
* Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records of investigation, whilst ensuring high quality of evidence to support the investigation and outcome
* Achieving and continuously improve key performance measures
* Evaluating and escalating any suspicions as appropriate
* Adhering to internal policies and procedural guidance
* Working within the Money Laundering Regulatory Framework
* Driving efficiency and effectiveness proactively look at ways to improve own and teams performance
* Achieving requisite quality standards
* Minimising impact on legitimate customers
* Understanding, maintaining and applying knowledge on AML regulations within the role
* Contacting customers in writing and over the telephone, to assist on obtaining any additional information as required to support investigations
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
* Previous experience of working within an Anti-Money Laundering Team, investigating SARs is essential
* Sound knowledge of Banking regulation and legislation is preferred
* Strong investigative, evidence gathering and report writing skills
* The ability to work within a challenging environment whilst maintaining a high quality standard of work
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Highly developed telephony skills and ability to deal with difficult conversations.
* Good problem solving skills and analytical mind
* A team player with ability to work alone and as part of a team
What we can offer you:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days. Additional 8 days bank holiday which can be worked giving you more flexibility to use your bank holidays when you want to spend with friends and family.
- Competitive pension with bank contribution up to 10% based on your contribution for example you pay 4% we pay 8% / income protection / life assurance.
- Colleague bonus scheme
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year to support local charities and communities.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity
- Over 800 employee retail discounts.
- To find out more about what we can offer you and why our colleagues rate us so highly, please visit co-operativebankjobs.co.uk and take a look at our Colleague Value Proposition.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential.
We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please contact our Careers Team.