Financial Crime Investigator (SARs)
Location: Manchester City Centre/Hybrid
Hours: 35 hours a week (Monday–Friday between 8am–5pm)
Salary: Up to £27,500 depending on experience, including generous holidays, volunteer days, excellent pension scheme, Hybrid working (2 days per week onsite).
Are you an experienced Financial Crime Investigator looking for the next step in your career? Have you got the drive to progress in to an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Investigator role? We’re looking for individuals who can bring their skills and expertise to our growing team.
What you will be doing:
- Undertaking detailed investigations in anti-money laundering, fraud and counter terrorist financing
- Validating investigations utilising a range of material from both internal and external sources as required
- Investigating suspicious activity escalations
- SAR filing and reporting
- Making suitable recommendations and meaningful rationale
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records of investigation, whilst ensuring high quality of evidence to support the investigation and outcome
- Achieving and continuously improving key performance measures
- Evaluating and escalating any suspicions as appropriate
- Adhering to internal policies and procedural guidance
- Working within the Money Laundering Regulatory Framework
- Liaising with law enforcement agencies, including the National Crime Agency
- Driving efficiency and effectiveness; proactively looking at ways to improve own and team’s performance
- Achieving requisite quality standards
- Minimising impact on legitimate customers
- Understanding, maintaining and applying knowledge on AML regulations within the role
- Contacting customers in writing and over the telephone, to assist on obtaining any additional information as required to support investigations
What’s on offer?
- 27 days’ holiday at start, rising to 30 days. Additional 8 days’ bank holiday which can be worked giving you more flexibility to use your bank holidays when you want to spend with friends and family.
- Competitive pension with bank contribution up to 10% based on your contribution for example you pay 4% we pay 8% / income protection / life assurance.
- Colleague bonus scheme
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year to support local charities and communities.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity
- Over 800 employee retail discounts.
- To find out more about what we can offer you and why our colleagues rate us so highly, please visit co-operativebankjobs.co.uk and take a look at our Colleague Value Proposition.
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience of working within either an Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud or Financial Crime Investigator role
- Knowledge of SARs investigation process would be advantageous
- Sound knowledge of banking regulations and legislative framework is required
- Strong investigative, evidence gathering and report writing skills
- The ability to work within a challenging environment whilst maintaining a high quality standard of work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed communications, including the ability to deal with difficult conversations
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Good problem solving skills and analytical mind
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Why join The Co-operative Bank:
2024 is an exciting time to join The Co-operative Bank as we continue our journey of growth. The original ethical bank, formed in 1872, we are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our Careers Team.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.