Administrator – Risk Governance & Regulatory Affairs
Manchester / Remote
Want to change the world? A career that makes a difference
A great opportunity for an internal candidate looking to enter into our risk area, with support and training options available for the skills in this role.
To apply for this role please click apply, complete an application form and complete an answer to the below question and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or careers@Co-operativebank.co.uk.
The teams are responsible to manage their shared mailboxes (Risk Governance & Regulatory Liaison) ensuring timely responses to internal and external stakeholders, including the Bank’s Regulators. In a scenario, the PRA have requested some specific information which needs to be provided today. Also the Director of Risk Governance, Regulatory Affairs & Prudential Oversight has requested a Governance Committee be arranged today. How would you manage both these requests?
The main purpose of the role is to provide administration support within Risk Governance and Regulatory Liaison in line with the annual plan of activity.
Risk Governance Administration
- Support the Risk Governance team with co-ordination and administration activities as requested by the Risk Governance Manager.
- Manage the Risk Governance mailbox, ensuring emails are responded to in a timely manner by the relevant member of the team.
- Assist in the review and on-going maintenance of Risk related documentation such as policies and control standards, processes and information.
- Undertake regular reviews of the Risk Intranet pages ensuring all documentation and information is current and user friendly.
- Support the development of a process library and Risk Governance process mapping.
- To ensure Risk Oversight Committee meetings are diarised and conducted as appropriate
- To collate MI and papers for Risk Oversight Committee packs and circulate to committee members and standing invitees, as required.
Regulatory Liaison Administration
* Responsible for regulatory administration, including taking the minutes at required Regulatory meetings, recording actions, tracking attendees, following up and closing down actions and producing a catalogue of minutes at an externally auditable standard
- Assist with the maintenance of the Reg Comms mailbox, ensuring that emails are responded to in a timely manner with the required oversight by Senior Management and 2nd line risk.
* Maintain the internal regulatory meetings and actions tracker, ensuring actions are tracked to appropriate deadlines and consider continuous improvements to team processes
* Experience of co-ordinating Senior Management and Executive teams and owning schedule of regulatory meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Competent in all Microsoft applications including Word and PowerPoint, proficiency in Excel is desirable.
* Competent in use of Adobe Acrobat Professional DC
* Competent in use of other key Bank systems in particular Outlook and IT Service Portal.
* Experience of providing secretariat and/or governance duties within a risk environment or within the financial services industry. Regulatory / Technical Minute taking experience is desirable.
* Experience of working in a role where discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality are a high priority.
- Experience of diary management and prioritising conflicting requests.
- Confident and able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently, working well under pressure to complete responsibilities within the identified deadlines
* Excellent record keeping skills
- Will be required to show initiative and judgement and be comfortable making decisions.
* A willingness to own / tackle problems as they arise, able to identify issues for upward referral.
- Knowledge of risk and internal control is desirable;
- Strong stakeholder management and experience of dealing with leaders across the spectrum of management;