Administrator (Risk Governance and Regulatory)
HM Michael Greenwood
Monday – Friday
Remote or Hybrid Working
Manchester – Balloon Street
This role is home based, with occasional in office meetings at our Balloon Street Manchester office.
* The main purpose of the role is to provide administration support within Risk Governance and Regulatory Liaison in line with the annual plan of activity.
* Assist the Manager – Risk Governance by attending highly confidential and high profile meetings with Senior Management, including Bank Executive members and the Regulators, taking detailed minutes / actions.
* To support governance requirements as required within the Risk Management Framework.
* To support production of rolling agendas, manage the Risk Governance mailbox and collate reports, as required for Risk Oversight Committees.
* To support the management of the Reg Comms mailbox, ensuring timely and accurate communication with the Bank’s regulators.
* To manage the governance action and policy trackers and papers as required in a timely manner.
What would we like you to have?
* Competent in all Microsoft applications including Word and PowerPoint, proficiency in Excel is desirable.
* Competent in use of Adobe Acrobat Professional DC
* Competent in use of other key Bank systems in particular Outlook and IT Service Portal.
* Experience of providing secretariat and/or governance duties within a risk environment or within the financial services industry. Regulatory / Technical Minute taking experience is desirable.
* Experience of working in a role where discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality are a high priority.
* Experience of diary management and prioritising conflicting requests.
* Confident and able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with colleagues at all levels.
* Ability to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently, working well under pressure to complete responsibilities within the identified deadlines
* Excellent record keeping skills
* Will be required to show initiative and judgement and be comfortable making decisions.
* A willingness to own / tackle problems as they arise, able to identify issues for upward referral.
* Planning and organisation expertise
* Knowledge of governance processes at the most senior level of the organisation;
* Knowledge of risk and internal control is desirable;
* Strong stakeholder management and experience of dealing with leaders across the spectrum of management;
* Strong networking skills across Bank up to Executive level;
* Self-motivated to develop own career with a willingness to learn;
* Knowledge of the regulatory environment in Financial Services, ideally Retail Banking
* Proven track record of influencing the business to take account of advice and opinions.
Risk Governance Administration:
* Support the Risk Governance team with co-ordination and administration activities as requested by the Risk Governance Manager.
* Manage the Risk Governance mailbox, ensuring emails are responded to in a timely manner by the relevant member of the team.
* Assist in the review and on-going maintenance of Risk related documentation such as policies and control standards, processes and information.
* Undertake regular reviews of the Risk Intranet pages ensuring all documentation and information is current and user friendly.
* Support the development of a process library and Risk Governance process mapping.
* To ensure Risk Oversight Committee meetings are diarised and conducted as appropriate
* To collate MI and papers for Risk Oversight Committee packs and circulate to committee members and standing invitees, as required.
* To create Risk Oversight Committee summary papers for the CEO and CRO, as required with support from the Manager – Risk Governance.
* Support and maintain the action tracker for the Risk Oversight Committees.
* Assist with quality reviews of risk related policy documents and control standards to ensure maintained to a consistent and high quality standard
* Support the Analyst and Senior Analyst in the production of monthly Risk Appetite Measure reporting to OCROC, EROC and Board, including creation and analysis of associated MI
* Maintain the team’s Records Retention Register and complete the Recovery and Resolution Plan uploads
* To support governance project activities as required.
Regulatory Liaison Administration
* Responsible for regulatory administration, including taking the minutes at required Regulatory meetings, recording actions, tracking attendees, following up and closing down actions and producing a catalogue of minutes at an externally auditable standard
* Assist with the maintenance of the Reg Comms mailbox, ensuring that emails are responded to in a timely manner with the required oversight by Senior Management and 2nd line risk.
* Maintain the internal regulatory meetings and actions tracker, ensuring actions are tracked to appropriate deadlines and consider continuous improvements to team processes
* Experience of co-ordinating Senior Management and Executive teams and owning schedule of regulatory meetings
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.