Core location: Skelmersdale- please note the successful candidate must be prepared to travel between ALL sites including the remote training hubs, as and when required throughout the secondment.
Contract: 7 Month secondment starting July 2022 until end January 2023
Hours: Full-Time - 35 hours a week (Monday – Friday)
The successful candidate will receive a secondment allowance
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
As an Academy Coach, you will work across multiple sites deliver training to large numbers of colleagues on the first part of their Co-operative Bank journey and to support a centre of excellence. You will influence and train colleagues, ensuring they have the necessary skills and knowledge required to be competent in their role and demonstrate our values to deliver a best in class service.
- Develop and provide feedback and individual performance and use this to assist individuals and line managers to translate identified development needs into suitable development plans, providing support and monitoring the implementation of these plans.
- Work with coaching colleagues locally and with Business Training as appropriate to share and implement best practice.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of coaching methods and best practice, identify gaps in current coaching provision and design/modify and deliver appropriate coaching approaches and materials to address the identified gaps.
- Maintain training documentation to ensure information held is accurate and compliant with all standards and regulations.
- Maintain own knowledge of Bank products, processes and policies at delivery level and support the identification, development and implementation of improvements.
- Organise the logistics of training events and deliver training at times and in a manner that takes account of business needs.
- Deliver coaching to new colleagues to ensure they have the capabilities to deliver in role, in line with the Academy model.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role. Support and promote compliance with those requirements within the role and the business.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Understanding of Customer Channels and wider Bank business areas, including their activities and processes, hence previous experience conducting the role of an Advocate/ Team Leader in Customer Service is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively, using appropriate methods to suit a diverse range of people and learning styles.
- To personally role model the Bank’s culture, values and ethics.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of training theory and methods.
- Ability to deliver training to groups of all sixes and capabilities, ensuring delivery of key learning objectives and through evaluation of the training.
- Experience of coaching colleagues on the job, in order to raise individual and team performance.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and a proven track record of high quality delivery, with adherence to timescales.
- Understanding of company strategy, objectives and key results areas.
- Ability to be self-motivated and to be objective about own personal performance, willing to accept feedback and able to take responsibility for own personal development – maintain and develop expert knowledge and provide consistently high performance output.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role, with positive promotion of the importance of adherence.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships across all leadership levels across the Bank, in order to improve business performance.
- Ability to influence and challenge at all levels.
- Positive promotion of self-development and continuous improvement, utilising the full range of resources available within the Bank.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.