Technical Project Manager
Up to £50,000 depending upon experience
Full time: 35 hours
Open for remote working/Manchester office base
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working and allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
We are excited to announce a brand new opportunity for a Technical Delivery Lead. This role is responsible for overseeing and driving the definition, planning, direction and delivery of small to medium scale projects or work streams in accordance with both stakeholder and overall requirements to agreed cost, time and quality.
What will this role involve?
* Identify the project deliverables and critical success factors to provide planning and management of projects.
* Work closely with Exec and Business Sponsors, Heads of IT & Change and Senior Delivery Lead to fully identify and articulate change requirements and desired business benefits and to translate these into agreed clear and tangible outcomes.
* Ensure maximum efficiency and value for money through robust cost challenge and cost management (budgets, estimates, forecasting, and resource utilisation). Review and challenge project & 3rd party cost models to ensure budgets are fit for purpose for successful delivery.
* Management of the relationship within technology and our partners and 3rd party suppliers, to deliver change to maximise value for money.
* Ensure impacts to IT run costs are captured, tracked and accepted by the IT support function
* Ensure business readiness for implementation/handover to maximise the business’ subsequent realisation of all targeted business benefits.
* Development and maintenance of project plans, whilst ensuring that specific deadlines and milestones are agreed and communicated to all parties involved.
* RAIDDA management to ensure projects are delivered to agreed time, cost and quality, escalating risks and issues which threaten delivery to plan.
* Manage projects in accordance with relevant methodologies, governance and control, and that they are carried out in such a way as to minimise risk and realise business benefits.
* Build, develop and maintain key relationships with stakeholders to facilitate the effective management of projects to meet stakeholder requirements, and play a leading role in the swift and effective resolution of issues.
We are interested in:
* Relevant project management experience required, a project management qualification is desirable but not mandatory.
* Experience of both waterfall methodologies and agile methodologies
* Experience of managing project budgets up to £1m (multiple small projects/workstreams or 1 medium/large project).
* Experience of managing technical 3rd party suppliers, track record of delivering a number of small-medium sized technical projects or projects with a significant technical deliverable.
* Banking/financial services experience desirable, but not mandatory.
* Experience of working in a large, complex and dynamic environment, ideally regulated
* Good knowledge of project management frameworks and governance approaches in a relevant environment.
* Strong level of planning and organising skills with a medium-term planning view, proficient in use of Microsoft Project to plan and organise projects.
* Proven understanding Risk and Issue Management.
* Demonstrates a strong ability to lead virtual teams resulting in delivery success.
* Good financial/cost management capability, including managing budgets, challenging costs & interpreting data.
* Substantial understanding of commercial, financial and legislative requirements of projects.
* Good understanding of the financial services industry, political environment, regulatory and industry legislative issues.
* Communicates effectively at senior levels, in a style appropriate to audience.
* Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
* Prince 2 or equivalent
What can you expect from us?
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
2 paid days for volunteering per year
‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.