Mainframe CoE – Technical Lead (Batch UAT Team)
Location: Remote Working / Skelmersdale
Salary, up to £50,000pa 35 hours, full time
As a Technical Lead (Ops Analyst) in the Mainframe Centre of Excellence Team, you’ll be working at the heart of our core banking platform, performing a range of Mainframe technical testing activity, whilst supporting the delivery of test strategies as well as driving improvements & efficiencies. You’ll get involved with preparing Mainframe components and schedules for deployment to the Live environment. If you have technical understanding of Mainframe testing environments and experience in ops analyst support then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
* Manage the scope, JCL modification and execution of mainframe testing from technical design documents, incorporating internal & external system interfaces
* Prepare Production versions of new and changed components – Program Objects, JCL, PROCLIBs, Parmlibs and Operational instructions
* Support and deliver Mainframe test strategies and execution plans for major Bank releases
* Undertake/manage support and execution of test regimes (JCL and Batch) – reporting on progress, test results and defect identification
* Support delivery of stable non-production mainframe environments for both Functional and Non-Functional (OAT & Performance) testing Functions. Environment rebuilds & data refreshes
* Facilitate code deployment, data validation and environment support for SIT, UAT, OAT and Performance Testing
* Analysis, verification and set-up of new and amended CA-7 Production job schedules
* Review, audit and sign-off deployment to mainframe environments, data manipulation, data mining and data obfuscation coverage for Test & Development environments
* Provide CA-7 scheduling instructions, defining new report definitions in ReportView / CA-Deliver for transition to Production Services
* Provide Implementation support during Go Live and Warranty support as required (some overnight and weekend work is expected)
* Communication of technical/analytical information exchange and interaction with peers, wider IT Departments, customers and third parties
* Investigate and recommend suggestions for continuous improvement. Carry out research activities across the entire testing estate, highlighting potential environmental and testing constraints and analysing the impact of these constraints
* Effectively manage a busy work schedule across multiple concurrent projects.
* Leading, small to medium sized teams in delivering large testing projects
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Technical understanding of Mainframe testing environments, tools and processes in the market place, with an understanding of z/OS, TSO, ISPF, JCL, CICS, OPC, TWS, CA-7, CA-11
* Proven experience of Mainframe Ops analyst support and testing of significant projects
* Excellent understanding of the testing industry and its measures and benchmarks.
* Well versed with SDLC and other quality processes
* Excellent planning and organisational skills, along with analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to effectively manage risks and issues at project level
* Strong interpersonal/relationship management skills with the ability to communicate effectively at senior levels. With the ability to communicate IT concepts verbally and in writing to influence non-technical audiences
* Experience of the full spectrum of functional and non-functional testing services on multiple applications and environments, including multi-platform, distributed applications
* Degree/post-graduate, IBM professional qualification or equivalent experience.
* Working knowledge of applications such as Jira, Quality Centre and Service Centre etc.
* Proficient PC skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
* Able to lead small to medium sized teams - develop and apply specialist technical skills in a number of different testing scenarios
* Ability to work autonomously as well as work collaboratively with a team to achieve objectives.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday to start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.