Software Engineer – Back-End
Remote / Occasional travel to Manchester City Centre office
We’re looking for a range of experience levels from junior/graduate through to senior developers.**
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
Why we need you: As a Back-End Software Engineer you will be working within our Digital scrum teams with a responsibility for innovation and building our mobile apps, on-line banking services and our websites. Technology skills include: Java, Spring Boot, APIs, REST, Kafka, Oracle, MongoDB, GitLab, Docker & Kubernetes. You will be building industry leading server-side applications that provides our customers with the services they need when they need it. With a consistent customer focus, you will help evolve our server-side applications to meet customer’s needs and adapt to industry changes. We are on an exciting journey to become the best ethical, digital bank in the UK and you could be part of the team that makes that happen!
- Delivering high quality, customer focused solutions
- Design & Build transition of digital services to Cloud
- Collaborating on design and UX to deliver usable, accessible and visually impactful results
- Participating in briefing sessions, contributing to writing technical specifications and estimates
- Supporting existing server-side applications with fixes, upgrades and improvements
- Contributing to the ongoing improvements and refinements of our working practices including new technologies and delivery methodologies
- Contribute to sprint demos, retrospectives and planning meetings. Communicate your technical approach at an appropriate level, for mixed audiences
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Agile working including opportunity to work from home
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.