SAS Developer Open for remote working/Manchester office base
Monday – Friday
Salary dependant on experience
Full time 35 hours
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend up 1-2 days in the office per week where desired.
About the role:
As a SAS developer you will undertake critical development activity for the bank, working with a range of business stakeholders to understand, prioritise and deliver on requirements.
Having knowledge of the development life cycle is essential with the ability to lead, design and co-ordinate with the business to ensure appropriate sign off and approval. You will also be required to work with different teams and governance bodies to deliver change whilst adhering to our governance processes and documentation methodologies.
As a critical skillset within our bank you will have a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference and drive our team to the next level.
What can you expect from us?
* A chance to learn from a highly successful team
* Clear routes to progression
* Home working and flexible working opportunities
* 27 days holiday at start, increasing to 30 days plus 8 bank holidays
* Variety of colleague benefits including discount scheme, competitive pension up to 10% employer contribution / life assurance, volunteering day, recognition scheme
* Annual bonus scheme
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank
What will you need?
* Experience in the following SAS components:
Base SAS 9.4
SAS Data Integration Studio 4.2
Lead developer experience
Full development project lifecycle experience
Working in a fast moving project environment
Production of high quality documentation
UK Banking experience
Project planning and estimating
Knowledge and understanding of SAS Metadata environment
UNIX AIX experience
Microsoft Office experience
* Excellent people negotiation, influencing and communication skills
* Excellent teamwork
SAS Grid Computing.
Knowledge of Macro development
* Collaborate with the team to design optimal data integration, reporting and MI processes using end-to-end SAS tools.
* Combine large datasets from disparate sources and summarise to provide insightful web based MI across the bank.
* Use MI to aid decision making
* Schedule processes to run automatically, so once you’ve finished building them you’ll be free to move onto the next development project.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team. As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note: we are able to close this role at any point should a successful candidate be identified.