Operational Customer Service Advisor
Hours: 35 hours per week (Mon - Fri)
£18,200 - 19,500 dependent on experience and working hours
Who we are:
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
To respond in a unique way to a complete range of individual customer contacts, enquiries and requests in an exceptional manner which satisfies the customer, support the achievement of business goals and is in line with all procedures and standards.
- Deliver award winning customer service though every customer interaction utilising specialist knowledge, skills and experience to delivery industry leading customer outcomes.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of our of products and service offering, including that of our competitors to confidently understand the needs of our customers, providing guidance, service or solutions where appropriate , referring to specialist colleagues where necessary.
- Identify customers in financial difficulty or vulnerable situations and work with them to reach a mutually acceptable solution, utilising appropriate guidance provided.
- Identify customer needs and respond to them appropriately ensuring all relevant facts and information are gathered to maintain an excellent customer experience. This will include (but not limited to) the bank’s alternative servicing channels e.g. Digital to ensure our customers are fully aware of the different ways they can bank, in a channel and at a time of their choice.
- Ensure that all interactions with customers are recorded and updated on the relevant system, adhering to all relevant processes and procedures, to enable accurate data and performance management and to make sure our customer’s information is protected at all times.
- Dealing with inbound calls and making outbound calls to obtain missing documents/information to process transactions and deal with queries on the customers account.
- Support the team by providing help, guidance and feedback to others, sharing best practice and seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role. Support and promote compliance with those requirements within the role and the business.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- A resilient and unwavering customer focus.
- The ability and knowledge to respond to standard enquiries and requests for services and solutions.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role in a relevant environment.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills with the ability to establish an understanding of customers needs quickly.
- The ability to communicate standard information clearly, concisely and accurately, typically verbally, but also in writing.
What we can offer you:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days. Additional 8 days bank holiday which can be worked giving you more flexibility to use your bank holidays when you want to spend with friends and family.
- Competitive pension with bank contribution up to 10% based on your contribution for example you pay 4% we pay 8% / income protection / life assurance.
- Colleague bonus scheme
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year to support local charities and communities.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity
- Over 800 employee retail discounts.
- To find out more about what we can offer you and why our colleagues rate us so highly, please visit co-operativebankjobs.co.uk and take a look at our Colleague Value Proposition.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential.
We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please contact our Careers Team.