Head of Service Design & Introduction
Salary: £80,000-£100,000 +Car allowance
35 hours per week, full time
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
The Co-operative Bank are celebrating 150 years of ethical banking, we're proud to be different. And we're even prouder that it's our people with purpose, who make us different. We help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work life balance, wellbeing and career development.
The role: As the Head of Service Design & Introduction, you’ll operate as a conduit between CTO, Strategy & Simplification and product teams to drive an enterprise view of the Service and Technology roadmap and ensure new services are designed and delivered to meet the requirements from a Service & Resilience perspective.
* Ensure successful delivery to the organisation in line with Service principles, financial controls and risk appetite.
* Represent CTO at key project and design governance forums and project delivery steering meetings, to ensure service issues and concerns are raised and addressed at the appropriate time and point in the delivery lifecycle
* Determine service requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; conducting vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; identifying synergies and optimisation from a service perspective.
* Ensure a holistic approach to all aspects of service design is adopted, and that when changing or amending any of the individual elements of service all other aspects are considered
* Lead and develop capabilities supporting service introduction including Devops, Testing and Transition to support change methodology used across the Bank
* Recommend and influence the choice of IT system solutions to meet complex business and service requirements
* Influence & input to architectural decisions and roadmaps with a view to reducing the risk and complexity of the Bank’s IT systems underpinning the Banks’ Services, improving the availability and resilience of those systems and improving run efficiencies across the Bank’s IT cost base
* Develop, lead and manage the performance of the Service Design & introduction teams through effective leadership to drive a highly motivated and performing team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Specialist/expert capabilities and knowledge in ITIL processes
* In-depth knowledge and practical experience of design philosophies and planning, including Programme, Project and Service Management, methods and principles.
* Lateral mind-set and approach to problem solving
* Able to assess the potential service impact of emerging developments and technologies
* Ability to liaise with senior level external supplier and internal stakeholder representatives in a rational and measured manner to communicate project progress, issues, risks and solutions
* Ability to control meetings and ensure the attendees are focussed on achieving the predefined objectives
* The aptitude to adapt and evolve methodologies and procedures in a controlled manner to continually improve the delivery and support channels
* Experience of managing and motivating a cross discipline team
* A relevant degree or equivalent experience, plus significant experience in Infrastructure systems gained over several years. Where appropriate, membership of a relevant professional body
* Good knowledge of the business, company strategy, objectives and key result areas. Considerable understanding of the IT industry and market leading technologies
* Excellent planning and organisational skills. PRINCE2 qualification and/or Project Management experience is desirable, ability to create plans of key milestones and dependencies
* Excellent networking skills used at a senior level within the co-operative bank organisation and with suppliers, partners and sub-contractors.
* Act as a role model for the team, demonstrates leadership and influencing techniques, ability to share the team strategy and values.
* Ensure the processes are continually reviewed to deliver improvements in efficiency and effectiveness in line with industry best practice. Provide advice and best practice to the department.
* Highly developed negotiating and influencing skills
* Strong Analytical skills to understand complex issues
* Demonstrate a high level of personal responsibility in the delivery of support to our internal customers
* Commercial mind-set and experience in Supplier, Financial and License Management
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.