Fraud AML Analyst
Skelmersdale - Hybrid
A career that makes a difference
Who we are
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
What we’re about
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Crime Prevention Analyst to undertake a full range of analytical and fraud investigation activities, including the provision of expert technical advice, to ensure that financial crime risks are effectively managed in line with business plans and prevailing conditions.
* Recommend, implement and maintain specific financial crime detection strategies for all products and channels including score cut offs, policy rules and model strategies
* Pro-actively review performance using analytics, managing data selection, data processing and model development techniques
* Support the daily / weekly refresh of profiling rules to maintain individual and system performance.
* Monthly analysis reporting and KPI’s covering all prevention and detection systems.
* Define, build and maintain specific end user system solutions and risk reports to react rapidly to changing threats and risk profiles
* Monitor industry trends in financial crime transaction risk to review current internal strategies, define and recommend challenger strategies to minimise impact
* Regularly monitor and measure the contribution / benefit of all component parts of the anti fraud and money laundering systems strategy and report the marginal benefit of each component
* Evaluate and establish data sources to drive effective analytics and model development using current data
* Define, build and maintain flexible fraud data services and solutions to drive enhanced analytics capability
* Participates fully in the diagnosis and resolution of standard problems, prepares reports and recommendations
* Provide support in cross-functional and Bank wide projects
* Plans and delivers on assigned small projects with guidance
* Development, delivery and maintenance of short term end user computing solutions to enhance operational efficiency and fraud monitoring solutions
* Support the continual review of emerging technologies to improve / enhance financial crime transaction risk prevention and detection strategies and / or customer experience
* Optimise the balance between scorecard and rule strategies
* Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and broad knowledge of fraud issues relevant to the role
* Makes decisions in core areas with some escalation
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge:
* Experience in financial crime management and financial crime industry knowledge including in-depth knowledge of AML risks (professional AML qualification desirable)
* An analytical based degree and/or at least 12 months’ experience of working in an Analytical role
* Broad knowledge of the financial market place and the legislative and regulatory issues affecting Financial Crime
* Ability to produce detailed and accurate information on a timely basis
* Ability to deal with a range of tasks, can work on own and prioritise workload
* Ability to mentor and support other members of the team
* Ability to analyse information effectively and create solutions to business issues. Ability to communicate effectively with the team and others on a range of technical/analytical information both written and verbally
* Experience in fraud management and fraud industry knowledge
* Proven ability to define and build models and extract appropriate data using SAS, SPSS and other appropriate tools
* Limited presentation and listening skills, communicate appropriately at current levels
What you can expect from us:
- 27 days’ holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.